Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Continually scared of cancer

I am freaking out because I have a low grade fever and stomach cramps. Had some n but no v or d. I've had a low grade fever several times over the last dew months and am always scared ofthe fact that I may have cancer. I can't deal with chemotherapy and can't stop thinking about it. Help! I am panicked and scared and don't feel good.

Default Re: Continually scared of cancer

What gives you reason to think you may have cancer? Thats a pretty serious disease and if you think you have it maybe you should see an oncologist. I too am afraid of getting cancer and afraid of chemo but that is one thing i cant let myself dwell on and you shouldnt either. Go ahead and see a doctor, make sure you dont have cancer and then put it to rest. If you keep thinking about stuff like that you will make yourself nuts even more so than this phobia will make you.
    Now to address the low grade fever and stomach cramps. I am feeling the same thing right this very minute but otherwise i dont feel anything else so i am going to chalk it up as the thermometer was wrong and i have gas. If i put anymore thought into it than that I will cause myself some nausea. Mymind was already going there when i ate dinner and felt really full. Feeling full quick makes me think i might have a sv. So i try not to combine all my symptoms and let my mind run away.
    Try to relax and just think that maybe its a bit of gas. Watch some tv or listen to some music. If you can go outside get some fresh air. I hope you feel better!

You may also just have a gi virus going on. If you are concerned go see your primary doctor. Will make you feel better

That doesn't sound at all like cancer. My mom had cancer two years ago and it was nothing like that. Also, just to ease your mind, chemo has really evolved and there are many medications they give you so you don't always vomit. Also, there is even a new device that when you wear it during chemo therapy it keeps your hair from falling out.

I just wanted to let you know that my mum had cancer, and 18 rounds of chemo, she wasn't sick once and hardly even felt sick.

I've had a recurrent low grade fever for almost a year now. The same thing happened a couple of years ago as well. I was concerned about cancer too but all tests came back negative... I think it takes more than a low-grade fever or cramps to signal cancer. Hope you feel better!