Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default so i thought i could relax!

Well i let my guard down. I live in Georgia and man has the weather been awesome. I have already been at the beach and started acting like it was time to relax after what has seemed to be a long winter. Ha! What a joke! I let my 7 yr old son play go over to his friends house today to play. The kid and his mom who is my very close friend, picked my son up around 5. He stayed over there and played outside for a little while then they went in and played closely with legos. All was FINE. She fed my son supper. He ate pizza while his friend ate chili. They ran back outside to play after eating. Played a bit of soccer then went in for water, i showed up and they were in the house. His mom and I went into the kitchen and my little boy followed us. then her kid appeared in the doorway with thei wierd look on his face and i knew he was about to V. She told him to go to the bathroom and a few seconds later we hear it hitting the floor! ewwwwww! I promptly left (my friend knows of my phobia) I just said "on that note, i will see ya later sister! I love ya but i gotta go! I will call you and lend you support in a few minutes" then we were out the door. We came home, washed our hands and i tried to relax about it. Why is it the 1 time i finally decide to relax and let my son go play this has to happen? is it a slap in the face or what? Does you think my son will catch something? The kid acted fine after. I was beginning to think that it happened cause he ate too much and then went outside to play soccer. It wasnt that hot today but he could have been shaking his belly around too much right? I figure if he does it again then i have something worry about but if not then we are in the clear right? Should i wait the 72 hrs before i can put this aside? I hate this!

Default Re: so i thought i could relax!

Well, you don't know what caused the v*. It could be that the chili he ate didn't agree with him, especially if he went running around afterwards. It could just be a case of an upset stomach rather than noro or something. But I think your son should be fine, especially if he washed his hands. Plus he wasn't there with the child while the child v*ed, right? I think he should be fine. Just wait a few days before allowing him to play with him again, just in case.

But I know what you mean about letting your guard down and then something happens to put you right back into anxiety mode. It's annoying. I was starting to calm down since the weather has been awesome, and then I read a news article about how noro is running rampant in my area. Yeah, needless to say I'm stressed to the max now.

Thanks for your reply. It seems that like you said it was just the running around. He was fine after and even went to school this morning. Then his mom called and asked if he could come over after school for a couple of hours. To my own surprise i agreed! I just didnt know what else to say. Making something up isnt in my character and I feel like people will know if i lie so i have a hard time with it! Lol. Anyway, he came over and everything seemed fine. I guess we will see tomorrow or the next day. Especially since i have a 2 year old as well!

well,good for u for basically saying f*ck it and being brave and trying to accept that its life!!! U R BRAVER THAN I AM.WAY TO GO!

Oh gosh it was definitely the running after eating eugh I know when I try to excercise after eating I get so n* cause all that food is just sloshing. I have no doubt in my mind that it was anything else.

OMG i know what you mean letting your guard down I had started that this week after being on my facebook page last week and people putting status about being ill so I stopped going on but the anxiety and panic were there beginning of this week I had calmed down started to eat better etc but then this morning on my facebook again and what do I see my cousin who lives 100s of miles away from me has the sv in her house again she had it the same time at christmas as i did so now I am so scared, anxious that it will go round mine again so near to the easter holidays as for the poor little lad that could well have been a mixture of chilli, running around etc not necessariy a virus try to remain calm you or your son were no where near him when he was ill so I am sure you will be fine now i just need to calm myself down another week of little eating and sleepless nights

Well, even though i think that it was the running around that did it for him, my mind keeps going there. I keep thinking that today is 2 days later so my kids are gonna be s* tonight. We just went to an appt to make sure we are all healthy enough to move to Japan and then went to eat at the cracker barrel (not my favorite place to eat!). My son that played with the little boy that got sick, usually eats A Lot, but this evening he was full pretty fast. The in the middle of the meal he had to go potty #2. I guess he was ok cause my hubby didnt say anything. My youngest wouldnt eat lunch, even a cookie. Then when we were in the car he ate some apples on the way to the resturant and ate most of his french fries and a biscuit. When we got home he blew his diaper out! The big D! not quite watery yet but it smelled very viral. I tried not to breathe too much of it in, cleaned him up and washed my hands really good. Its like i just keep waiting for it to happen now. He is walking around acting fine but then i dont know if he would know if it was gonna happen. he is only 2. If it is a sv wouldnt he be pooping a lot more? How often? Man, this is ridiculous. I just cant get my mind off of it. I keep thinking that i want to put him to bed sooner so that if he is sick he will sleep it off and be better tomorrow. I think i am wishing my days away!!!! This sux!

I know exactly how you feel. You watch everyone for anything unusual. It's like a 3 day death wish. It's awful because typically when my son would catch it, he would fall asleep early and wake up in the middle of the night v*ing. You never really know. When I get super paranoid I lay blankets and dirty towels down and after they fall asleep I put buckets in their room. It sounds wierd and over dramatized. But I feel reassured. Plus every night no matter what I try to make sure there are clear paths to the bathroom. I hate living like this. Life is like a battle to me.

How are the kids now?

The kids seem fine now thanks except my 7 yr old has a low grade fever. I think it comes from having been at a doctor appt on thursday and he wasnt very careful about what he touched. so far so good on the v*ing thing.
    i do the same thing with the clear path to the bathroom...hahaha! Not that they would EVER make it. Even my 16 yr old didnt make it when he was 14...he has NEVER EVER made it to the bathroom in his whole life. I dont know why, when i was a kid i only messed up twice. Once when i was 5 and once when I was 9. I always made it cause i knew my mom wouldnt put up with a miss. I always put the towels down too and a bucket in their room. The problem with the bucket is....my 7 yr old is emet now and when he sees the bucket he will being to panic. I can get away with the towel but not the bucket. I dont mind throwing a towel in the garbage...lol! I threw my oldest's sweatpants and tshirt away one time, i tried to hose it off outside but it wasnt easy so i tossed it. He was none the wiser.
    Life is a battle for me too. I hate this way of life. I hate that i think i am sick all the time. I hate that i grill my kids on how they are feeling. I have literally left a resturant on my oldest son's birthday cause the baby wasnt acting right and i thought he might V.
    Do you always think you feel bad? I always feel like the slightest noise from my stomach or the funny taste in my mouth mean i might have something.

I'm the exact same way. I drive my husband up the wall with the I think I'm sick thing. My stomach is always so loud especially after I eat so I start to panic over it. And sometimes I go so long without eating and it causes me to feel queasy then I think I'm sick. I think I'm sick everyday. It sucks. And sometimes when I feel bad I watch everyone more thinking they are sick which makes me feel worse. It's a never ending cycle. I'm glad your kids are well.