Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared of unsafe cooking

I had a pizza about 12 hours ago. I'm a bit of a moron, young and never need to cook but I was alone today so had to do it for myself (need to learn badly apparently).
    Anyway It was a thin based pepperoni one and it said 12-14 mins gas mark 7. I followed instructions but here's the really idiotic part......I didn't preheat the oven (yes i genuinely have no idea in the kitchen). So there i am baffled as to why after 20 mins It still doesn't look quite ready and so I just took it out. The meat was cooked i'm pretty sure ( no way I would've eaten It otherwise), but the cheese was sort of half melted and the base was really floppy and not crisp. I ate most of it but felt a bit ill after. Stomach discomfort went away after half an hour or so but suddenly it's come back . I can't get to sleep i'm worried I have given myself food poisoning, a bit of a nightmare for someone like me . Currently awake at 4:30 am and wondering/scared If I will be ill. I searched online and some sources say preheat for 5-15 minutes. So pizza was in there at least 6 minutes longer than stated time so I suppose it had a little while to warm up. I don't know, maybe this is entirely anxiety tummy ache and I'm just getting myself in a state.
    Could I have poisoned myself and when is the latest I would be ill if i was poisoned?
    Help appreciated thanks.

Default Re: Scared of unsafe cooking

Don't worry, there's no way you would have poisoned yourself. The pizza was already cooked, you were just heating it through, so as long as the meat was hot you'll be fine. Out of laziness I have undercooked a pizza many a time!