Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sunburn....ouch

Default Sunburn....ouch

I went fishing today....and got sunburn. I keep feeling n* or what I think is n*. Can sunburn cause it? I was out for about two hours and it isn't a really bad one, but bad enough I guess. It's stressing me out. Could it be that I am thinking about it and it is making me feel that because I'm worried abot it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Sunburn....ouch

I always get n* when I get sunburn but it's never made me v*...what helps me is taking Advil and drinking something cold!

Aloe Vera is amazing! It will help your burn feel better
    Last edited by asianeko; 04-03-2012 at 11:05 PM.

You may find these links helpful!

Sun poisoning can cause nausea. Oh my gawd I remember last summer, I gave it another shot in the tanning beds and after just two days, I was SO red it was unbelievable. I applied Aloe Vera like it was my job. It was so painful and I couldn't walk or sit...or sleep...hahah I didn't really exist until it went away :P NEVER. AGAIN. I was nauseated now that I think about it but just make sure you treat it properly and don't let yourself get dehydrated.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Sunburn can make you feel pretty lousy I have had really bad sunburn before that made me feel quite N but I never V because of it. Try having a cool shower or bath and put on some Aloe Vera gel afterwards. Have a rest, relax and keep your fluids up.

I hope you feel better soon and remember lots of sunscreen in future!

Could be sun stroke, put a cold cloth on your head lay down for a bit and drink plenty!

Its REALLY easy to get dehydrated when your sun burnt!!

Hi, oww! bless you! it sounds like you may have heat stroke?! I can only offer the same advice thats already on here, lots of rest with a cold compress, lots and lots of fluid, apply Aloe Vera gel generously and when you feel up to it a luck warm bath might also help?! aww, I hope you feel better soon! xXx

*sorry, I ment lukewarm! Hope it helps xXx

Thank you everyone! I took a cold shower and applied aloe vera, I actually had a slight fever, probably from it. I went to bed and woke up feeling okay Thanks again!

i always get sunburned :P last year i did really bad felt a bit ill for a while but asianeko is right, aleovera is reeeeeeaaaaaaally good for it! sticky though... :P

Aloe Vera is even better if you refrigerate it...Oh. My. Gawd.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Oh yeah! I put my aloe vera spray in the fridge over summer, I even just use it on hot days even when I'm not sunburned. I highly recommend it for sunburn. In Australia (I don't know about other countries), sunburn is like, a five times per summer thing. I'm keeping aloe vera companies in business :P
    Come visit my history blog: