Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well, not just the easter holidays..... but it's everytime i'mnot at school! Or when i'm at home.

I'm never as panicky at home, as i am at school.... i don't knw why this is? My emet. gets really bad inside school.....

but when i'm at home, i feel great, i feel so um.... SAFE!

Does anyone know any reasons for this? because obviously i have been sick at homes many times, but somehow, i'd rather be here than anywhere else(emet. wise!) [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

At a guess, because Home is a safer enviroment, you feel more in control of the space and the things that happen there, whereas at school there are more people, less chance to relax and you feel not so in control.

This is how i felt about Scool anyway, and i wish i ahd some words to make it better for you, but you are leaving school soon right??

*hugs* enjoy your time off, dont worry about school
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Louise,

You must have a pretty good relationship with your family, so you feel secure around them. You are around things that are familiar and you are in your comfort zone. It is good that you feel that way.

Just try to hang on to some of those feelings when you go back to school. Keep remembering the feelings of calm and control. Hopefully, you can call home and receive some reassurance from someone there. Just talking to them when you are at school and feeling anxious might help you to feel better.

Happy Easter!
    Debbie

I certainly find it safe at home. I think its casue you dont have to think about the other 1000 people in your school. Its just you (and a few other people) I guess we just feel safe in our homes in general and this reflects in our emet. Its good to know that no one going to stare at you if you freek out (well not as many people as in a classroom at school unless you have 30 brothers and sisters) and that you can be alone. Hope you enjoy the easter break!

um.... i hav a CRUD relationship with my family and wud prefer to b out the house ne day, but thers a flaw, this bloomin' phobia. so instead i feel so comfortable at home that i stay here despite the cold feeling it gives me.

i feel safe at home, in the way tht the toilet is right there and ican lock the door and stay in ther for as long as i want if i ever get sick. plus, i can guarantee i can be alone, and not be crowded with a loada people if i was to ever get ill. for me, the humiliation that v*ing gives me, is what keeps me at home.

i totally understand how u feel at school. im the same. altho, iv been to my current school now for 7 yers, so it kinda like my second home and im starting to feel comfortable there (just as im about to leave, typical eh).

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm totally the same way. I feel extremely safe at home, like nothing can get to me. Even if I have the slightest twinge of nausea at work, my first thought is that I should go home. I have so much trouble using the bathroom away from home too, and so that can get pretty scary. I think we all feel like our home is our safe zone, where there's no outside people spreading germs and you can control what comes in and what is clean, etc. When I do my relaxation techniques, two of my "safe places" are at my house, the other is on the beach in Mexico!!

Yep home it is. i am the same way I think it's kinda like when your'e a little kid, you go home if you dont' feel good at school or get scared at a friens house, it's a "safe place"

Jo, is that your dog? S/he's SOOOO cute!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i feel ok at skool most the time bcuz its an everyday situation...its places that are fun that scare me lol e.g. nightclubs, cinema, theatre...i only get scared at skool if we have an assembly as i feel trapped