Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I'm so afraid! Help!!

It's this time of year again. For some reason, the sv goes around like crazy at my school right before or after Spring break. This time, it's right after, and there's no break for me to take my sanctuary in. A ton of my classmates are sick, and just today two guys left the classroom, saying they had to v*. I saw one of those guys hug a ton of people today, including some people I sit next to! I'm afraid to breathe or eat at school, and any of the food I'm eating at home has to be prepared completely by me, or I'm just too scared to eat it. What makes it worse is that just this morning I decided to try to be brave and actually touch the food I was eating with my bare fingers. (I rarely do that, so that was an accomplishment for me.) But then I find out sv's going around. Now I'm afraid that it's too late and I already caught it! But it just gets worse! This weekend I have to take a six hour car drive to see my grandmother. I'm afraid that I'll get car s*. Also, there was one time that my whole family got a terrible sv at my grandmother's house, so being there brings back scarring memories. DX I can't help but feel terrified, since I have to brave through this again. I just want to shut myself in my room until it's over! Sorry if I'm rambling, but it kinda helps to get this out. I don't know who to talk to or what to do, but I almost had a panic attack earlier... what should I do to try to cope with this?

Default Re: I'm so afraid! Help!!

Are you feeling better yet? I hate this time of year also but this will pass we can do it!

Default Re: I'm so afraid! Help!!

I keep hearing of people with sv* too, just when I thought the worst was over it seems to be hitting hard again. All we can do is keep up good hygiene and hope and pray for the best. Im sure you'll be fine on your trip, if you're worried about car sickness it may be worth getting some travel sickness tablets. Hope things calm down for you and you are able to enjoy visiting your grandmother.