Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Complete panic right now

Ok I had my little cousins spend the night Tuesday night they left Wednesday morning. My cousin just text me that her son started v*ing this afternoon and her daughter just started to this evening. I cleaned the house the next day but she slept in my bed and held my son that evening. Can they shed it before they get sick? I'm so freaked out right now! Help

Default Re: Complete panic right now

I can't stop thinking about it. Ok so they got ill today and I'm worried because I'm having my sons birthday party on Saturday and then Easter is on Sunday. Which they have been invited to. But I'm scared we will all be sick for these get togethers and not to mention they will be there too. I'm just so worried I'm sick thinking about it.

Technically, yes they can shed the virus before they are symptomatic, but that doesn't mean you'll catch it. You also mentioned they were over Wednesday morning. I think you should be in the clear considering the time frame. I don't think you or your son will catch it!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Stool scared. Spent the whole night in fear. I texted my cousin when I woke up and she said they felt better. I just hate this. I wish I just knew for sure.

Well I tried to clean my house again. It's hard because I'm sick with some kind of cold that just went wrong. I cleaned up what I could and lysoled what I couldn't. I give up its out of my hands now. I keep panicking which is doing me no good. I'm still scared though. I just wish I didn't have this problem. The wierd thing is two of her kids got sick at the same time but they weren't even around eachother. Her son was at his friends for three days then came here and she was at home grounded. The only time they were together was here and when they went home. He got sick in the afternoon and she got sick that night. I don't know. I can think about it all day and it does me no good. This is just a nightmare.

Still not feeling well and now that it's night time I feel worse. I can't stop thinking about it. I thought I could just shrug it off. I ate which I told myself and everyone else I wouldn't. But to be honest I did because I really don't remember the last time I ate. I am so scared. I laid in bed and that's when it hit me again. I feel better in bed but also worse.

Just try and relax. You are feeling off because you keep dwelling on it. Try and let it go because it's out of your control. I really think you will be 100% fine! Legit! Get some sleep !
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I try to relax. Thanks dead inside I think you're the only one who listens to me. Thanks for being there. I'm not always this bad but sometimes are worse than others. I think cuz I'm really stressed out lately and it makes me more sensitive. Last week someone got a hold of my bank card number and paid 100 to their Starbucks card. And I went to the bank and they canceled my card but last night I looked at my bank statement and I saw they still used it and got me for 89 at some medi place and 117 on fandango. So they've got me 300 dollars so far. So my stress level is high.

No need to apologize! We all lose our cool sometimes. I know how debilitating this phobia can be, so I can relate with you. Yeah, stress will definitely do you in. I'm sorry you've havin' a tough time and it's completely understandable given your circumstances. Just hang in there and keep your head up! I promise things will get better.
    My shadow