Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anyone?

To get the skinny on my situation, read BAD DAY on the forum. You will find out I am sitting next to someone with a possible stomach virus as we speak. I want to die. It is taking all I can to sit here and not run out screaming. Anyone ever get in close contact with someone with a stomach virus and NOT catch it? I guess I am looking for some reassurance? Who knows. This is the worst week of my life so far. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Last January, my husband had Norwalk (I think). It started out as just d*, and he went to work. On the drive there, the n* hit him hard and he turned around and came back home. He has had other stomach problems like H. Pylori and was wondering if it was someth8ing like that, so we went into Urgent Care. It took all day - they ran tons of tests, gave him tons of fluids - I think we were there for about 6 hours. It turned out it wasa sv, and I had spent the whole day with him - driving him to the doctor, then the hospital for tests, rubbing his back and trying to make him comfortable. He had a fever so he was freezing, so I even laid my coat on him to keep him warm. It last about 2 days, but I'm sure he was contagious even after that. I slept in the same bed with him, used the same bathroom (although cleaned it a lot) and I never caught it. Just make sure you don't touch your face or eat without washing your hands well. I'm sure you will be fine - I have worked with sick co-workers tons of times and if I didn't get it from my husband I doubt you will get it from your co-worker. Try and relax, concentrate on your work, and before you know it, it will be time to go home .

Actually, this same thing happened to me about a month ago. The girl that sits right next to me v* several times while she was at work one day. I was flipping out - asking if it was something she ate and she jsut brushed it off as a stomach bug. How can people say that so calmly?! Anyway, I didn't get it, whatever it was.

You will be fine!

My kids have had sv*s for three years in a row now and neither me nor my husband have caught it. (knock on wood)

i have been near people and have heard or now people who have been exposed and NOT got a bug!

please keep calm and i know it sounds crazy, but eat and look after urself - if u dont eat, ur poor body will get weak and burden ur immune system.

try not to panic - think rationally - ur NOT gonna get it - and if u do... u WILL cope. U WILL get thro this...

hugs
    ems x