Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i always panic!

Default i always panic!

everytime i start to feel sick i get really panicked, does this happen to all of you? because i take really bad panic attacks a lot and it makes me feel a lot worse, i was just wondering if this happens to all of you?

Default Re: i always panic!

Why do you think we are all here?

Yes, we probably all go through this. It's unfortunately apart of emetophobia

Yes I go through the same thing. It's a vicious cycle. I start feeling sick and I panic, the panic makes me feel more sick which makes me panic more which makes me feel more sick.................................. ugh!! It's awful.

It's normal but it generally passes. I get it too! I even cry. Nobody knows about my phobia except for my mother. None of my old boyfriends knew. They just thought I was "sick" all the time but it was all in my head because of this irrational fear.

I have severe panic attacks when i start to feel sick. I have been to the hospital a few times and they gave me two medicines that i found really help me when i feel panicked. One if called klozopam im not sure exactly how to spell it, but it makes you calm down from your panic attack. Another medicine they gave me is a nausea pill that dissolve in your mouth and the doctor told me i could take it whenever i felt ill and it is something i could take everyday if i wanted too. You should trylooking into something like this if you have serious panic attack/ anxiety it really worked for me. I hope this helps!