Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok So here we are discussing how when we feel sick or whatever we shouldn't baby eachother and "there there, its ok" eachother but I just can't help but feel terrified when I feel this way...I was fine and then all of a sudden BAM, it just crept up on me quickly and its my upper stomach that hurts, that feels swollen, and I'm scared that maybe its something or maybe its food poisoning??? I am just freaking out.....

I don't know what I need from you guys.....

im online if you want to talk

Dont worry about it imsure you will be fine where in your stomach is the
    pain usually if your going to v its not your upper stomach so i wouldnt
    worry too much juss try to relax...and even though i really dont think you
    will just think if you do get sick its a split second thing and you will feel
    better after
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

Yes I'm here too...Sorry for being so gross, but I just went #2 twice and now I'm panicling even more, yet it could be absolutely nothing at all...I am so sick of this bulls***, because it scares me every damn time, because I don't know when the real thing will actually happen to me, and I'm trying to read the anxiety and phobia workbook, and I'm trying to do the exercises but for some reason I can never find time to do them or practice them or start the desensitization...I can't spell either...

I'm pretty sure I've felt like this before, I think its just really bad indigestion, and yet I still can't seem to control my panic because it makes me feel awful and gaggy....

And now I am feeling these gassy pains, and I think to when Laura wrote about her episode with the food poisoning, and this is pretty much how it went for her too....I remember these things and then put them into my head....

But it is weird no, almost the same symptoms.....???

Id say if you dont have d you shouldnt worry...try and lie down for a little
    while and try and get some rest and relaxation...put a warm washcloth on
    your forehead and try and relax i think your going to be ok... i know its
    tough but try not to panic and try to be positive...no matter what happens
    you will get through this...
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

I had relaxed for a few minutes before but now it seems like its gotten even worse....I feel even more n* and I feel like I might have to go to the bathroom again....

OMG OMG OMG

Are you experiencing nausea? It sounds like its probably just gas, although I don't want to make promises.....If I were you I would sip a little ginger ale if you can get some (I always have it in the house). I would takea fewreally slow, deep inhalesand let them them out slowly throughmy mouth and perhaps even take a relaxing bath.You can not concern yourself over Laura's experience last week. Your pain may be something totally different. I'm here if you want more advice.

Thank you spinnerchick....I am shaking pretty badly now....I feel like I'm constantly swallowing my saliva, and I am breathing heavily....I am trying to take deep breaths but I can't, my jaw is so tight and my stomach muscles are so tight and tensed that my middle back is aching...And I took half an ativan and a gravol, by now I thought my ativan would have kicked in to relax me a little...

the ativan should help the panic, perhaps you need to take a full one though?

as for the gravol, it takes half an hour to work but again, that stuff is amazing. if you need someone to play the distraction game with you to help get your mind off it, im on MSN messenger, [email protected]. feel free to add me, i know the distraction game quite wellEdited by: blood_tears

I think you'll be o.k. Sometimes we get ourselves really worked up. Its the nature of our phobia. Its ironic really. We are so afraid of getting sick that we end up making ourselves feel like we will be sick. Feel better.

Thank you blood tears but my msn is not working...like usual....

Is it bad to push down on your stomach and feel pain?

Yes I agree 100% but usually by now I am feeling better with the meds and now I'm not...

But anyways thanks for your help to all of you, its greatly appreciated

depends on how hard you are pushing. if your poking it with a feather and cant actually feel the feather touching your skin but it hurts, maybe. however, if your pushing on it, have just eaten, have gas, a sensitive gut or (there are so many options) then no it isnt bad. remember in your tummy theres not alot protecting your organs from the outside world, no ribs like the lungs and heart get, but the organs are just as sensative as any others so if you push on them, they will hurt

Thank you for that.....I feel so damn foolish about all of this yet when I get this way,I wish I could be dead than go through this torture.....

I'm really sorry for my minute to minute panic attack or whatever it is....

I hate tummy aches. I freaking get this bloated feeling in my stomach a lot. Does it feel like it could be a gas bubble? I know that when I get my "sick stomach" that I tend to burp a lot. I know that it is hard, but try to relax. I don't know how long ago you were having this trouble and I hope that you feel better by now. If you do think it could be a gassy issue, then I would push on it if you feel it may help. Sometimes I have to lay on my tummy to help me (not saying that we have the same feeling, but just incase Other times I have to practically sleep sitting up.

How are you feeling now? Does Canada have Gasx or simethicone? Sometimes this medication helps my tummy feel better. Try to hang in there. And try really hard to stay as relaxed as possible and not panic. Are you at home and able to lay down and do deep breathing? Keep us posted.
    \"This too shall pass\"

You see, now that I passed this terrible attack, I can see again, and I tried to do my deep breathing last night but I felt so bad that I couldn't relax my stomach muscles or any other muscles for that matter. Today I look back to last night, and it was a pretty intense attack, alot worse than a few weeks back, and so I sort of lost how to just deal and know it would pass. For me the worst part was running to the bathroom 3 times, and I don't really know why...

I had a slice of turkey that I bought for my lunch today (you think I brought it with me today???) And thats all I could think of that caused this but my bf smelled it and he said it smelled fine and when I ate it it didn't taste funny....

Anyways thank you all for babying me last night, I tried to not depend so much on your words but just the distraction, and just writing down what and how I was feeling...Like in the movie Mean Girls, it was word vomit, felt good!!!! LOL

Thank you all again! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Oh Sonia how are you feeling? Sorry that I wasn't on, my computer was screwing up on me and I was working on that. How are you now?

Rhonda

Do you get these problems often? Or, this was just a fluke? Maybe there is something that should get checked out in your digestive tract? Then again, I went through all that crap (tests), and they found NUTHIN! I guess that should make me happy, but nope. If they found a problem then maybe they could fix it

Anyway.. I am glad you are feeling better. I think the turkey was probably fine. I think sometimes these things just happen. Again.. glad you are feeling better and that you made it through!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Sorry I wasn't on the computer Sonia, how are you feeling now?? I hope you are feeling better. Let me know how you are doing.

Michele

Hey don't worry Ontario Girl, I should have just tried to fight this thing on my own...But I appreciate your concern, I am actually pretty nervous today, don't have much of an appetite but that's probably normal concidering last night!

Thank you for caring!

Hows everything? I wasnt on too much yesterday. I had some tummy troubles all day yesterday. I have had NO appetite. I have lots going on so mine could be stress. Stress and anxiety as you know as bad ont he stomach and intestines!

I hope your better!