Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation don't know what to do

i started prozac (ok sarafem) tonight and it's making me nauseous as anticipated but idk hwo to handle it to keep tkaing this drug!! i know ill have to eat eventually obviously and im afraid im gunna just throw it right back up. i need this med because of my intense vomit fear but i cant take it because of my intense vomit fear. can someone guarantee me that i wont throw up???????

Default Re: don't know what to do

I understand your anxiety over this. Believe me! When I first started taking my Zoloft (sertraline), I was really nauseated and had no desire to eat. One night while driving with my boyfriend to a haunted house, I genuinely thought I was gonna vom. I almost asked him to pull over. I didn't though! After that night, I really wanted to discontinue taking it, but I knew that wasn't the answer if I wanted to lower my levels of anxiety/depression. About a week later, I started feeling A LOT better, physically and mentally. I'm really glad I stuck with it because I don't have panic attacks on a nightly basis anymore. Please keep taking it!! Hang in there. The side effects do not last forever.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

i'm on prozac too and i truly think my anxiety when i first took it made me feel like a mess. i've stopped and started the drug several times over the past 20 years and i've never felt n except for the very first time i took it.

i always eat before i take mine.....always feel that a full stomach is better for most meds.....just my thought.

you will get through these couple of bad days and hopefully soon you will feel a good result from the prozac.....usually takes me about 7-10 days to start feeling the effects of the drug. it has totally helped me with my phobia......periodically i go off of it.....sometimes for long periods of time. when i start feeling the "emet" creeping back into my mind i go back on the prozac. i think the longest i've been off at one time is 3 years......

it's truly been my lifesaver

hoping you feel better soon...
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have been taking Prozac for about 4 years now And it did wonders for me...I would have anxiety attacks at night horrible and this helps me incredibly. I was scared at the beginning because it also made me feel nauseated, but I promise you that you will not throw up. Whenever I'm nervous or don't feel good, I take it and it saves me..please stick with it because I promise you that you will not regret it.

I am a new Lexapro user and I also can say that the first week or so I was yuck. But I am not at 4 ish weeks and that side effect is long gone. I can also say that I have only had one major panic attack in a little over two weeks. It is so worth the week of nausea. It will pass. Just remember that you are doing this because you want it! That's what I had to keep telling myself. I want a better life. I want a less anxious life!! Hang in there and congratulations on making a change.