Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Is it possible to be on too low a dose of antidepressants? (please read- ill explain)

okay so I was on brand Prozac for a stomach problem 2 years ago and had some nausea when I was getting on it (I started at 4mg and went up by increments of 4mg till I reached 32mg--gotta love liquid version) but it was tolerable. I got my problem resolved and weaned off Prozac. now I'm having horrible anxiety issues and need to get on something but I so far have tried generic prozac and Sarafem both at 2.5mg and the nausea was horrid like I couldn't take more than a few days of it. is it possible that I actually need to start at a higher dose instead of something so low? I know dosing can be weird with antidepressants such as being on 10mg helping someone more than 20mg, etc. I have the actual brand Prozac (same as the first time around) ready for me to try and idk where to start

Default Re: Is it possible to be on too low a dose of antidepressants? (please read- ill expl

Chances are more likely that the nausea you had experienced was a result of anxiety and not the medication because it was such a low dose. 2.5mg seems like way too low of a dose to have any kind of effect on you be it negative or positive, but that's just my opinion.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Is it possible to be on too low a dose of antidepressants? (please read- ill expl

sounds way too low to me also.....never heard of prozac for stomach problems.....unless the stomach problems were from anxiety...

i started on 20 mg of prozac 20years ago and i still take 20 mg prozac.......i didn't even know they made it in that low of a dose.

talk to your dr about it......i'm sure all your anxiety now is from not being on the prozac.....why did they take you off??
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Believe me it was def the meds. i know its surprising from such a low dose but 1. my doc says im just sensitive to all SRIs in general, and 2. i got an upset stomach from sarafem and when i netvous i just get nausea in my throat. I definitely didn't plan on staying such a low dose but I know I need to start small. this happens with all the SSRIs I've tried so far (Zoloft, lexapro, Sarafem, fluoxetine, etc) but what I was more getting at is maybe 2.5 is too low of a starting dose, and I need to start at 4 or 5?

I've never heard of anyone being prescribed that low of a dose for SSRIs but I guess you learn something new everyday.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.