Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Feel like I'm losing my mind

I can't take it! I don't know what's going on with me. This emet is taking over me bad lately and it's ruining my life so horribly. I called my doctor today but I can't get in till Thursday morning, which will be rough considering I can't sleep at night so it's hard for me to wake up for stuff in the morning. I cleaned my whole house yesterday because I've been so sick with a bad cold I didn't get much done for a couple of weeks. But that completely drained me. I only ate a granola bar and part of a sub sandwich yesterday. But I woke up this morning with a bad crampy burning feeling in my stomach I thought I was going to get sick it was so bad. Then I went to the bakery to get my dad a birthday cake and got some cookies and doughnuts. I ate half a doughnut and thought I'm soo hungry. So I went to taco bell to get a bean burrito. But when I sat to ate it, I got so grossed out I felt I was going to gag. So all day I can't eat and if I move too much I feel queasy and weak. But the thought of food turns my stomach even if I feel a rush of hunger. I don't know if this is an illness or my paranoia just going through the roof. I need help. I don't know what to do and I'm so scared. I'm alone with my kids which makes it worse.

Default Re: Feel like I'm losing my mind

I think it's a nasty combination of anxiety and lack of sleep. It really is a nasty combination. If you're not getting enough sleep, you will feel pretty bad physically because sleep is vital. I understand your predicament though. I've been in your shoes more times than I care to count. In fact, I'm losing precious hours that should be spent sleeping as we speak. Insomnia is awful when mixed with anxiety. Anxiety can fuel insomnia and insomnia can fuel anxiety. Just hang in there. Your doctors appointment will be here before you know it. I hope you can get some answers!
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I have this too. It's usually just temporary episodes which go away within a few days. Don't worry! Sometimes I will call my mom and tell her how I feel so if you need to try and give someone a call that your particulary close too. Tums help my stomach, so does drinking sips of water. I am alone alot with my daughter. When she is sleeping, I am freaking out. But, usually it's just a temporary phase so I wouldn't worry too much even though being in the moment, the here and now is quite difficult. I have Insomnia and it fuels my anxiety. The days I get the most rest are often my better days. Try doing something you like and getting your mind off things. Like feeding ducks, hiking, riding bikes. Anything! You should plan something for you and your kids tomorrow. Just remember that it will come to pass!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I talked to my husband and he tries to help sometimes, but he's one of those just do it and get over it. He doesnt fully understand. I wish I had my mom, she calmed me down every time. But she passed in 2009. And I've been lost ever since. I've had such a bad couple of weeks and when my emet gets bad, I start falling back into my eating disorder ways. I have this off and on issue with anorexia. I was good for awhile but I feel it again, and it all stress related. Hearing about sick people, being overly sensitive to my body. It just sucks. My upper stomach is hurting right now so I'm getting scared again. I'm so depressed.

I know what you mean. And I am so sorry your mother passed. She is definitley watching out for you. If that's not reassureance right there then I don't know what is. Talk to her, seriously. Sit and talk to her. Tell her your fears, go ahead and cry. Get out those emotions. When my emet gets bad I have eating disorder type ways to where I won't eat. Then like... two weeks later I am eating everything I see! It's a love hate cycle for me.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

The feeling has not passed. I slept in late thinking I needed when I woke up I pushed myself to clean more even though I felt exhausted. I had running around to do and completely skipped eating again. And again anything sounds so horrible to eat. I did eat a quarter of a doughnut and drank some sparkling water. But the carbonation made me extremely bloated which led to n* which led to complete panic. I'm laying in bed with occasional but frequent rushes of nausea and I can't move because I'm so sore. Which makes panic bad again because I think what if I need to rush to the bathroom? I can't move. I really think I'm losing it. Seriously.

I'm so sorry you lost your mom. Big hugs. Do you have access to a relaxation mp3 or something like that? When this happens to me - and it does - I find that listening to a relaxation thing helps quiet my mind and relax my body enough to get some sleep.

I'm terribly sorry about your mother. You just need to keep fighting through this. You can do it! We all can and you will get through it if you believe and tell yourself you will. You really do need to eat though. I agree with you that the donut and sparkling water was not the best choice, but you really have to take care of yourself. Eat light and eat things that won't upset your stomach. Take care of yourself
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Start of with bread a broth, Whether it sounds good or not, your body needs fuel. Its a start. Yesterday I felt terrible. I made myself eat and I started feeling a bit better. I was still having panic attacks, but I had nutrients in my system. The safest bet, whether the food looks good or not...broth and a piece of bread. Good Luck
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~