Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Someone please respond. I Just want to die :(

First of all, I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat. Not like most sore throats. Like very painful to the point where I just wanted to lay there in bed and not move. Later in the day, the pain moved down my neck as well as being in my throat. I've had a fever, and my head has been hurting off and on. Usually when my throat is bothering me, my stomach feels off. But this time, it's different. I woke up after barely an hour of sleep feeling these little burps come up that made me feel like I was going to be sick. So immediate panic there. I finally held the burps long enough to get out a couple of long ones. But I guess the sudden stress of that made my ibs kinda go wacky because I had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom. At this point I'm super gassy, and my lower stomach is just rumbling. So I finally cave in and go to the bathroom, I tried to keep calm and remind myself that I do have a cold/thing so it was ok if it wasn't normal. But ugh I'm just so shaken up by it all. I think the little burps came from my crying earlier (I finished the last book of the hunger games and I'm hormonal so I cried some) and I think I swallowed some air. But I can't fall asleep now because I'm terrified to wake up feeling worse... Which since I'm sick, I should be sleeping as much as possible. Anyone have anything similar with a cold/thing? I'm so scared and alone right now. I keep thinking of things that it could possibly be. I also drank soda today (a huge no no) so I guess that could play a role in my stomach being weird. I felt something similar earlier and had to go outside to get some fresh air. So idk. Someone please help, give me your thoughts. Sorry for rambling. I'm a nervous wreck

Default Re: Someone please respond. I Just want to die :(

Hello. I have this too sometimes. I have little burps like this all day every day. I also have acid reflux which makes my nausea worse. Try some tums, playing a video game and SMALL SIPS OF WATER! You might be dehydrated therefore that would create nausea. Don't be afraid to sleep, usually when you wake up your body has healed itself and while your asleep you have no anxiety (:. Your not alone, alot of people suffer with this phobia. Try eating crackers if you don't have tums or can't handle them. Make a call to someone if you start panicking. Just because you have a cold or whatever and your throat hurts DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL THROW UP. Actually it's so unlikely. Remind yourself that you are strong and could push though this.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Default Re: Someone please respond. I Just want to die :(

Sorry to say this, but it sounds like you could have strep throat! Stomach upset accompanies strep throat, especially that gassy burpy feeling. Doesm't get bad enough to make you puke (although with some young children it might) but it makes your tummy feel out of sorts. IT helps to NOT have an empty stomach, eat something light like toast or crackers, and drink some hot tea with honey (that will soothe your throat) DO you have like white spots on your throat, that is another sign of strep. If the fever doesnt go away, you really should see a doc. Strep sucks! MY kids get it all the time, it goes like this.... "Mommy, my throat hurts! " And I respond "How does your stomach feel?" "Yucky!" Boom, I know its strep, and it always is. My kids have never puked from it, just dont eat like they usually do, and once they are on antibiotics for a day or two, they are back to themselves. I also had strep a few years ago. I thought I wanted to die! Fever of 103, my throat felt like I was swallowing glass shards. MY stomach felt blech, but not so much as to puke or nothing, just like I really didnt want to eat and was constantly burping and farting! Hope you feel better soon!