Hi, I just found this place and I am happy that I did. I have been suffering with this for years and I am finally trying to get some help. Anyway, my 5 year old daughter has been sick with v and d since Friday night. We originally thought food poisoning because she was completely fine until like 2 hours after we ate. She was seen in the ER on Saturday and Sunday and they keep saying virus. Since this has started, the emet has been so crazy. I am constantly obsessing and stressing and worrying then crying and thinking I am completely nuts. I have 2 other kids, a 7 year old special needs son that chews on everything and a 7 month old son who spent 4 weeks in the NICU after birth because he was premature and his lungs were not mature enough yet. Someone in this household has been sick pretty much constantly since November, all head/chest colds which don't bother me. My infant had RSV and I am so worried about him getting sick. Well I am so worried about everyone else getting sick.

So now it is Tuesday morning and no one else has gotten sick but I have been googling incubation periods and how long a person is contagious and just about anything else. I have read mostly that the incubation period is 1-2 days but my sister the RN said 3-7 days from when she was exposed which could have been like wednesday last week so I am obsessing that we could all get sick still. I have also read that children are usually contagious for like up to 3 weeks after they are better. I am going to drive myself mad constantly cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, wiping things down, using hand sanitizer and washing my hands. I am driving my family crazy. I keep asking my 7 year old if he is feeling okay and when he says yes I say are you sure or would you tell me if you didnt. I feel like an awful mother because I can't even be around my daughter right now. My husband has taken her to the ER both times and she asks for me the whole time. She comes home and wants to cuddle with me and I can't. I know I am hurting her and I don't know what to do. She sees me upset and thinks she is the cause of it because she is sick and I can't stand for her to think I am like mad at her or upset with her. She came in and hugged me last night and I am driving myself nuts that I should have immidiatly taken a shower and changed my clothes but I didn't so now I am going to get sick.

I have been having some on and off nausea but I feel like I am just making myself feel sick. I try to have hope that we havent gotten sick yet so we wont but I think I am just trying to make myself feel better instead of being realistic. I have eaten like 2 applesauce pouches and some saltines since Friday night and most of the time my stomach is growling and feeling like it is going to eat itself but i am so afraid to eat. I went to the family practice doctor yesterday and he gave me a rx for zofran just in case and some names for psych referrals. I need help. I am still breastfeeding my 7 month old so I feel like there isn't going to be much that I could take if they wanted to put me on meds. I don't know if anyone else feels this way or if it is just me. I feel like nothing is normal now. My house feels "weird," my room feels weird, my favorite tv show feels off to me and I have been trying to watch that to calm and distract myself. I haven't slept much at all and I know I need to get sleep but every time I feel really sleepy and tired, I am convinced I am getting sick. UGH, THIS SUCKS!!!

My husband has been pretty good but he doesn't understand this. He just thinks that I need to get over it, to train my head to think differently. He is at work and she is still sleeping and I don't know how to deal right now. I am so miserable and I just want this feeling to end.

I am sorry to ramble on. This was mostly a please reassure me and listen to me, understand me because you know what I am going through post. I appreciate any responses and if anyone has actually read this far.