Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Pregnancy & Morning S******* Help?

Hi all

Back in october last year i got pregnant (By rape i may add as the rest of what i will say will make you judge me) I decided my best option was to have an abortion i also done it because i was so scared i was going to V* Threw morning S* HOW SELFISH & PATHETIC AM I?!!! Yes i do regret my decision everyday and i know i am a bad person for this if i could turn back time i would this phobia is beating me more everyday!

But right I Am pretty sure i am going to be pregnant when i take a test (got to wait till the 29th to took a test) I Want a child so much but i am physically to afraid to v* how pathetic am i?

If i am pregnant i am keeping it i will force myself to keep it...

I'm tempted to ask my doctor for anti sickness meds anyone got any ideas on how to cope if i am?

Thank you all

Sorry if i offended anyone by abortion talk i know its a very touchy subject amongst many and as i said i regret my decision and i know i am a bad person for it Sorry x

Default Re: Pregnancy & Morning S******* Help?

Hi Maggy - this is actually my first post but I'm glad I saw your comments.

I too had an abortion when I was 18 (10 years ago) but it wasn't due to morning sickness, I was just young and scared.

Right now, we are trying to get pregnant and I'm assuming it'll happen soon. I do fear morning sickness, especially v* but I keep telling myself that I'll be ok if it happens. I think morning sickness will be different than having a stomach bug - because you'll know why you're sick, you won't have to wonder where you got the bug from or if you'll pass it through your family. You'll just be rubbing your belly and smiling through it because this is supposed to be an amazing experience.

Also, you may not even get morning sickness. Any if you do v*, maybe it'll help the phobia (that's what I keep telling myself) I did talk to my OB/GYN yesterday actually about my fear and she said that if you want anti-nausea meds, they'll give them too you. Just ask your doctor.

I won't judge you for getting an abortion, though some would. I have a one year old. They are alot of work and I did not v* my whole pregnancy. Ice helped and getting out of the house. But, if you do v* just think "I am doing this for mybaby that I have wanted so badly. It's a sacrifice I am willing to make. I wn't let this fear control me any longer." When I was pregnant, I didn't know I had this fear so of course I didn't give myself a pep talk. I just got out of the house often. The nausea goes completely away after the first threee months for most. And it will go by quickly because you are usually a month and a half when you first find out you are pregnant anyways :P
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Hi i dont think your a bad person because you had an abortion. Especially because of what happened to you. I think you were brave to make a hard decision like that. It wasnt like you got preg under happy circumstances. I had some n* with my son but no v* i got though it by knowing i was going to have a beautiful baby when it was all over. It lasted 17 weeks or so and was gone. Then i gained 40 lbs lol That baby may help you. Mine did. Made me see what i was missing. He loves life and im begining to also. They change you for the better. Good luck!
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell - oscar wilde

I have had 3 kids now! each time my morning sickness got worse. Yuck! But its basically finding out the things that help you get through it. They says eat a cracker before you even open your eyes in the morning. Slow sips of cold water. sucking on ice. There are things called seaband (bracelets you put over your wrists to help with nausea) the doctors can even prescribe anti-nausea medicine.
    You can get through it. Just keep telling your self that you aren't sick. Its for a baby inside you. It helps.
    ( and know one judges here. Feel free to talk with ease here)
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

You arent a bad person. You made a choice that was best for your situation. Stop beating yourself over it, and forgive yourself!
    As for morning sickness, I have twins, and when I Was preggo with them, I had it BAD. (Doc says it common with multiples) My doc gave me Zofran and it worked like a charm!

Definitely not judging here! I have no kids, but my mom had two of us. She told me that she was sick only once, and that was because the cat had left a foul mess in the small bathroom. She's confident it wasn't because she was pregnant! I hope that helps ease your mind a bit.

You may find these links helpful!

Wow, your pretty brave for posting that up here. Its scaring being vulnerable and expressing your feeling. I was feeling the same way years ago. I remember thinking I could be pregnant and all I could think of was that I was going to V* if I got pregnant and had to take the morning after pill as a precaution, the only problem was side effects are nausea and vomiting so I was terrified to take that too. I ended up having it and was fine, nothing happened. Years later I did get pregnant and I was terrified of morning sickness and you know what, I never got it once! Then came time for the birth and I was convinced I would v* during labour because someone told me you could, so I found a sympathetic Dr who gave me an anti-emetic just in case and again - NOTHING happened, no V* so it just goes to show its not a given. Hope this helps you a little P.S. you are NOT a bad person for having an abortion if anybody couldn't understand why you would do it in that particular circumstance then there the jerk not you. You are NOT pathetic we all feel and worry and irrationally freak out over mostly the same stuff so if you can't get support here.....where can you! xx

I was put in the same situation when i got pregnant with my 7 month daughter by rape i am 15 nearly 16 and i nearly went through with the abortion because i was terrified of having the responsibility of a baby and the sickness but i talked to my doctor and they gave me anti sickness stuff can't remember what it was but i will get back to you when i know even though pregnancy is tough at times it is also an amazing experience and soo exciting and the result of it having a beautiful baby that is yours is also incredible! x