Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Have the flu

Thumbs down Have the flu

Warning: Could be graphic to some!

It's been going around here, and I've finally been hit, I have an SV*. I felt off last night, sort of light headed, headache, dizzy, nauseous. Woke up in the middle of the night, and was sick. I'm really glad I was home, and not at my friends house like I initially was supposed to be. I'm not feeling too awesome, I've been home alone all day with nothing to help it, but my mom finally brought home some Gravol and Gatorade and I'm feeling a little better. Three of my friends have it, my brothers girlfriend has it, and his dad just recovered from it.

To be frank, I'm glad I finally have it, and I know what to expect. It's not nearly as frightening as I thought it might be, it's just icky. You feel icky. Food is obviously unappealing (that made my stomach turn typing it) and movement, well you have to be careful. It's a damn good excuse to just lay in bed, sleep and watching TV all day. I found as long as I was in my bed, sipping water slowly and resting, I felt okay. I had the hot bean bag on my stomach, which is always soothing. Now I've taken a Gravol and I feel better.

Hope this post wasn't too alarming/upsetting/triggering, please let me know if there's anything I should tone down or edit out... I never know if what I'm saying is too graphic, because the last thing I want to do is upset other members and make you worry any more than you already are! Think of it this way - I'm alive, and well enough that I can pick up my laptop, and type this message

And personally, for me, I've only been sick once, sort of twice but not really. It wasn't a constant being sick that some people are unfortunate to have (ie, my brother!). But it's definitely not an upset stomach from dairy or gluten, I have a bit of a fever too and called my doctor and she was sure it was a stomach flu, too. Not everyone v*s with a stomach flu, it's the bodies way of getting rid of all the bad stuff, the stuff that's making you feel all sick and gross. I had a stomach flu a couple summers ago, felt gross but didn't v*.

C'est la Vie.. sh*t happens, but at least I'm alive to tell the tale...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Have the flu

I'm sorry you vomited, Kailyn, but I'm glad you're OK with it and are feeling better. You must be braver than me because I wouldn't have gone to bed nauseated. I would have medicated and gotten the nausea under control before sleeping. If you don't mind my asking, how much time did you have after you woke up before IT happened?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Have the flu

It sounds like you handled it very well! I hope you are feeling better soon