Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Does seeing/typing the words trigger you?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 3.45%
  • No

28 96.55%

Default Does seeing/typing the words trigger you?

Hello everyone! I know there has been a fair amount of friendly debate about this topic lately. Does seeing/typing out vomit, diarrhea, etc, bother you? I personally abbreviate because I am trying to accomadate others that will be triggered by seeing the words, I personally have no problem seeing or typing them. But I know a lot of members are opposed to abbreviating. So maybe we can see this poll as figuring this all out: if no one is triggered by seeing/typing the words, then maybe we can stop abreviating. If some members are, then maybe abreviations can stay.

This is in no way meant to insult anyone, neither abreviators or non abreviators. I know in the long run, everyone is just going to do what they want, lol. I just thought maybe we could get a little insight from this poll

*Please excuse my spelling, I used to be such a good speller..don't know what happened.
    M I D N I G H T

Default Re: Does seeing/typing the words trigger you?

Im glad someone finally made a poll out of this subject. Im gonna vote NO... But i think u also could've put a "sometimes" as one of the options, too. lol. bc ...sometimes. But usually No
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I voted no. The words don't bother me in the least.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am going to try to add more options. Good idea Valen
    M I D N I G H T

Dang, there isn't a way to add more options. Well, maybe if anyone has a "sometimes" vote, they can just post it
    M I D N I G H T

I was thinking some more about this and strangely the word 'norovirus' triggers me more than the ones above! I wasn't trying to push people into writing the words out in full though, I really don't mind if others would rather abbreviate!

That's interesting! vomit and diarrhea are not triggering to me, neither is stomach flu/virus or food poisoning. But words like heave and retch upset me a bit. I can still handle them, though.
    M I D N I G H T

Used to suffer with the word vomit but not anymore. my hand used to shake if i needed to write it or if i saw it on a page i was reading. when i was was at college i had to be sent out the room when the subject came up with illnesses when i was studying to become a nursery nurse. but got over it and i am not afraid of it anymore. which is a small part of getting over the phobia which i am happy about and been successful in.

No, seeing or hearing them doesn't bother me. Only feeling them creates madness!