Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Have you ever vomited from alcohol?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

58 68.24%
  • Yes, just once

19 22.35%
  • Yes, two or three times

5 5.88%
  • Yes, four or more times

3 3.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Have you ever vomited from alcohol?

Has this ever happened to you?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Have you ever vomited from alcohol?

No, but that is because I have always been afraid to drink, so I haven't.

Nope! When I first turned 21 I would stop when I felt "IRL lag" so to speak, when my brain took a second to catch up to my eyes.

Now that I got through the "Sweet I can drink!" phase, I only have one or two drinks.
    Last edited by asianeko; 04-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.

You may find these links helpful!

I never have. Came close once and since have not hardly drank at all. Actually I haven't even had a drink in almost a yr and a half

Many times when I was much younger, it didn`t seem to bad as I was hardly aware that it was happening. I`d never do it now.

My friends said I did, but I have no memory of it.

Nope...I follow a strict "one and done" policy, then switch to water.

When I was in college I v*d all the time from drinking...now I only drink one or two then done! I learned my lesson!

I've come close, but I never have. I was emetophobic before I reached drinking age..so I was always very careful. Now I hardly ever drink.

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    I've come close, but I never have. I was emetophobic before I reached drinking age..so I was always very careful. Now I hardly ever drink.
    This. Although not the the part about hardly ever drinking now. I still drink, I still get drunk occasionally, I just stop before I get to THAT point. I know my limits well.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I wish i could drink. I've never even been drunk

Me too, I'm so curious but would never chance it,

I came close one time and never touched alchohol again. My liver is thanking me

I did once when about 18 (I'm now 51) was at Christmas do with 'the lads' matching them drink for drink, was ok until someone gave me a Park Drive to smoke, next thing I remembered was v* all over the club floor where we were sitting......
    Needless to say never been drunk since.

Nope. My phobia is actually the main reason why I have never had a drink. I'm interested in having a drink now that I'm of age, but its not that important to me.
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

I have once, it was the next morning. I was so hungover and had to get up early and go to work. I had no food and just kept drinking water and I was stood up walking around all morning. I really believe if I hadn't gone to work I could have just slept through it and had some food and I wouldn't have thrown up because i've had hangovers before like that and been fine because i've stayed super still!
    Alcohol won't make you sick as long as you don't over do it, being sensible is all that is needed.

NE-VERRRR!!!! Won't do it...

I did once when I was 16 from mixing probably three or four different types of alcohol. I also peed in my best friend's bed. I have NEVER been that drunk again, nor do I ever think I will be.
    I used to get dry heaves a lot from drinking but that happened when I wasn't eating...so yeah, common sense?

yes really bad on my 21st bday.

I did once many years ago in my early 20s and never never again this I think was one of my triggers for my emet as I now will not drink to that extend I barely drink at all but always seem to know when i need to stop

Once and never again *shudder*. Fortunately, I was still drunk when it happened. Unfortunately, I felt horrendous the entire next day.

Nope. I keep thinking alcohol will give me gastritis on impact.

No, thanks God!
    I was drunk a few times, but never THAT drunk. And I'm really careful when I drink, I don't mix drinks, NEVER!
    I was really drunk when I celebrated New Year (2012 ) and I don't remember much from that evening, but I didn't throw up
    I drink when I'm with my friends on Saturdays, but I'm careful when I drink. And it's working

I came close last year, before my emet got out of hand! Now i don't drink enough to make me throw up however i always without fail feel sick the next day, but i think that's more from the anxiety than anything!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Never, but oh god, so close a few times. Once in school I drank a LOT of Ice 101 (101-proof peppermint schnapps). Not only did I feel completely hung over and nauseous after, but when I went to brush my teeth and go to class the next morning, just the taste of the toothpaste almost sent me over the edge! I had to hold my nose while I was brushing my teeth.

Nope. Never. I believe something in me just shuts my urge to have another drink off before I have too much to become ill. And I've gotten plenty hammered plenty of times, so that doesn't seem to be the case. I do know, however, that if I ever DID v* from drinking alcohol, I would not drink it again. I sure love all kinds of crazy little microbrews, so I'm hoping never to be ill from it! LOL!

Nope, and it's not been from moderation either. LOL! It's my Irish constitution. Also, I quit drinking entirely for other health reasons a long time ago.

I just can't drink, because of a kidney problem I love my kidneys

Nope. I rarely drink, and when I do, it isn't enough to get sick.

Once when i was 15. Ive v*d a few times from a hangover but its normally over that quick i dont even have time to panic and i cope ok coz its always just water and feel so much better after.