Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: omg help!

Default omg help!

My daughter just *V! I don't know why. My husband says she ate too much popcorn at the movie theatre. My hubby is cleaning it up right. And I am doing everything i can not to freak the eff out right now. When would here symptoms have started to you think? When would she have been contagious. do you thing i might have it? OMG this isn't good!
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: omg help!

Oh, i am freaking out so bad right now. My husband is doing a good job talking to me and keeping me semi calm. But that doesn't make that fact that my daughter v* go away. I get soooo freaked out and have really bad panic attacks that cause me to have D*, then i start freaking out more. I really hope my daughter is okay. I feel so selfish when it comes to my phobia. I love her and I am sorry she *V* and I hope she feels better.
    But i need to go to the bathroom and she threw up all over the bathroom. My husband cleaned it up, but we don't have bleach an i don't want to step in there with out it being bleached.

Has she been sick again? I've actually heard somewhere that movie theater popcorn can make children v* easily because of the massive amounts of palm oil. So it definitely could be the culprit. Could you go to the store and get some bleach? I think it would give you peace of mind. Hang in there!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

She woke up and is perfectly fine. Like it never even happened. She has never had movie theater popcorn before. So we think it is the popcorn's fault. I am so glad she is feeling better. She ate just fine. and she is bouncing off the walls! I didn't sleep so well. But i did a bunch of research about *v last night and commented on other people's threads which helped me settle down. Thanks!

Sorry she got sick and hope she feels better.

I definiately think it was just the popcorn in general that made her sick...all the butter and stuff...it even gives me an upset stomach so I don't get it anymore...also she could have developed a bunch of gas from it too...good for you for getting by!

Have a better day today...go buy some bleach today if it makes you more comfortable, just so you can give the bathroom a good sterile cleaning, even though I doubt its a virus...sometimes, an ease of mind is all one needs for a fresh start you know?

Glad to hear she is better. I seriously think it was the popcorn. But I always bleach regardless of the reason for the V. You never know what other germs could be present.

Man, I was doing so well with my phobia the past week, week and a half. Even though she felt better when she woke up yesterday, my nerves got the best of me and I really didn't eat anything until the evening time. And due to keeping my self up all last night because of my phobia. So now I am up feeling like crud because I didn't take care of myself yesterday. Even though she is feeling better, I probably won't be able to relax until the gestational period for any bug is over with. And since there are 5 members (including myself) i've got about a week and a half to go before I will feel safe. I really hate this. Has anyone tried therapy for their phobia and if so, does it work?

IT wasnt a bug. I took my twins to a movie a few years ago and they split a jumbo popcorn. Well, when we got home that night, BOTH of them complained of feely "pukey". Neither one ended up vomitting, but I sat with them for a few hours with the bucket ready. BOth eventually fell asleep, slept through the night, and were fine the next day. I mentioned this to someone the next day and they told me the fake "butter" they put on movie popcorn can upset a stomach easily and that it should be avoided. Look it up on the web and you will see how many people complain of stomach upsey for movie theater popcorn. Now when I go to movie with my kids, we either get the popcorn plain, or we bring out own.

It definitely was not a bug. No one else in my house has been sick. My middle child would have been sick right away since she and her older sister are stuck together like glue. Thank you everyone for your support!

Popcorn makes me nauseated. I hate it so yeah, I def agree the popcorn was the culprit.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.