Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help please

Hybrid View

Default Help please

I have very severe emetophobia and have for as long as I can remember. Recently it has become unbearable and has completely taken over my life. I am subsisting on rice cakes, vitamins and water and have been for about a month. I know I need help but getting in front of a psychiatrist will take time. Is it possible to get an emergency referral by going to the ER? The anxiety is becoming more than I can cope with. I've lost about twenty pounds and I didn't weigh much to begin with. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Default Re: Help please

I am sorry for the way your feeling :/. I have gone to the ER multiple times for anxiety and panic attacks, they usually give you an IV and give you medicine that makes you tired, but it makes you feel way better. Make sure someone takes you because they will not let you drive home. I hope this helps.

And another thing, sometimes the doctor will give you prescription that will help you for you anxiety, you might want to ask (I think they just gave me some because they were tired of seeing me). Also i have found that therapy didn't work for me, but my psychiatrist really helped me. She prescribed me Klonopin (im not exactly sure how to spell it) and you take it whenever you are starting to feel anxious/panicked It really helps and i suggest going and just seeing what they say.

Thank you for your reply. I will see if they can help.