Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: im new

Default im new

Hello everyone in new and have just found this site, ive had this phobia ll ofmy lidfe and its ruined every minute, I cant have an operation cos the pain relief makes me V. I cant take much medication incase of the same thing , I feel sick every night in bed and cant sleep due to the fear, I cant look after my family if they are sick and oh the winter months are just a living hell im waiting every day to get the stomach virus. Its horrible and ive tried, hypnotherapy, esposure treatment, clinical psychologist, you name it ive tried it, life is not worth living when your like this and I always feel ill.Im so pleased I found this site my life is a misery and im 50 years old, its horrible x

Default Re: im new

Hi there, I'm your age and have suffered from emet for around 30 years now. I know how you feel, you're not alone, though my symptoms are less severe than yours I do understand your frustrations. Have a good read throughout this site and you might find some clues on how to help yourself in some small way. Don't be afraid to post what you feel no matter how silly it may sound, I can guarantee that someone will have been there.

Default Re: im new

Hi benjigizmo! Your symptoms seem really bad in my opinion. About the therapy, maybe you didn't find the right therapist to help you. When I think back to those kinds of thoughts that I've had about my life (not long ago), I regret thinking that way. Keep looking and don't give up.