Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fine until now!

Exclamation Fine until now!

Ok I just laid down in bed with my son about an hour ago. He turned the fan on and got in bed next to me and fell asleep. It's normal so I didn't think anything of it. But I felt him and he's a little warm. It was hot today and my house was real hot from me cooking about 4 hours. We haven't been around anyone sick but we've had a cold for awhile. But I do remember yesterday or day before I caught him playing in the toilet and I was busy and completely forgot to wash his hands. I'm freaked out, we haven't been sick in there but just thinking about toilet germs. I'm starting to panic. He's 19 months old and I have a cheap temple thermometer that read 99.3 on one side and when he turned over I checked the side he was laying on which read 101.5.

Default Re: Fine until now!

Has he been acting differently? I know I can run hotter in the evening/night before bed. And since you were cooking I think you should be fine!

He was a little cuddly today not as much running around. He started to jerk and talk in his sleep. He started doing that again now he just woke up jibber jabber yelling. So I don't know.

I know worst thing to do. Google symptoms. Well maybe a normal person can. I read that if they suddenly run a fever within 24 hours watch for a cough/runny nose or v*/d*. Geeze! I was already scared and thinking that. He is just burning up even after Advil. I'm so scared.

I don't have kids myself, but I do know that I have heard my friends with kids say their child has a high fever and nothing more. Again, this could be just a shot in the dark, but do they have any teeth coming in? Just because they have a fever does not mean they are going to be getting sick. Just keep and eye out and hopefully he is going to sleep and break his fever.

Been through that stuff with my twins. A fever could mean anything. And generally with stomach bugs there arent high fevers. Generally when my son would run a high fever like that, I would take him to the doc and have his ears checked, and sure enough, ear infection. Hope he feels better soon!

I was thinking ear infection last night. Now I'm so steaming mad and I have this horrible sour stomach. We have kaiser and I called the nurse last night which told me he needed to be seen and that they'll call in the morning. They called back and informed me that he no longer has insurance, even though they take a payment out every month. I called member services and they said I need to wait till Monday because billing is closed. Apparently they have been taking a payment every month but the payment has been going somewhere else and he was cancelled in January!!!! I'm so mad. I don't know what to do. If it gets worse i'll take him to urgent care but geeze!!! I'm so mad at kaiser, it's making me feel worse.

How is he acting now?

So sorry to hear that. Insurance companies are becoming more and more ridiculous! If they have been taking paymentsd each month, and you have proof, then I would demand that either he be insured or you recieve all the money back! Hope he is feeling better!

He's acting better but he still has a slight fever no where near as hot as he was last night. My dad said maybe its his molars but if I try to look he tightens his jaw. So I don't know what it could be. I was so stressed out last night the fever was making him talk in his sleep.
    I have no idea where the payments for his insurance went. They show that we were charged but it didn't go on his account so they canceled him. I never even received a notice about it. With kaiser where I'm at each person is separate we are on a individual family plan so all six of us have separate accounts. I can't do anything about it till Monday when billing is open. And it sucks that you can't go in person to deal with these people everything is done by phone or email. Which I hate. When we first signed up they delayed us because they looked at my step sons birthday wrong. Not to mention I had to print out 6 separate applications that were 28 pages long. Kaiser is good but a big pain in my behind.

Thanks you guys for support!

I see, I would hope your anxiety dwells a bit. I wouldn't worry about catching anything, and basic activity, heat and numerous other things can cause an elevated temperature.