Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I get my Braces off on Tuesday!!! No more braceface or metal mouth!! I can finally let my pearly whites shine and hopefully they'll look good!!! I can also finally chew gum again (I'm a stickler for those bracesrules), and eat popcorn! YAY!!! It's been over 2 years since I've last had gum OR popcorn!! OR corn on the cob for that matter!!! YAY!!! I can't wait and I hope my teeth look straight and enjoy being exposed again!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Congradulations!

I know how that feels! i got mine off on november! it was so niice after eating something i didn't have to look like i was fishing around in my mouth for something! and you can run your tongue across the front of your teeth and it's smooth!!! i'm sure you'll look beautiful!

The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

Thank You Ellie!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]It'sworth it to have a movie star smile, isn't it??!!What did it feel like getting them off??I mean, I know it won't hurt, but I was just wondering...?? Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The day approaches! How are you feeling?

I'm feeling good!! Happy and excited to get them off!! A tad bit nervous at the process, but I am sure it will be worth it!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Wow lucky you! I had a removable brace for a while but i'm still scared of the dentist for emet reasons so I guess i'l have to get over emet before my teeth look nice again! Hope it all goes well!

Hey Izzy,

Yeah the dentist is REALLY scary and intimidating....to be in that "hotseat"...YIKES!! But for some reason, I found the orthodontist to be 1000 times easier than the dentist!! Maybe because there weren't anystrange cleaningapparatus in my mouth all at once or something. I mean, getting them on is difficult, but once you have them on, the tightening part didn't really bother me much at all. I would say the dentist is a lot more scarier!! Go figure, right? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

heya Neha, thats really kewl ur geting ur braces off, i was absolutely ecstatic wen i got mine off, simpoly becuase i wud neva hav to go to the autho or those horrible horrible moulds ever again!! the "having a straight pair of teeth" was just a bonus

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

It's not bad getting them off, the thing looks like a big cutter, and it just pops the brackets right off. Pretty much like when they cut the extra wire from the backeach time you get an adjustment. Your teeth feel really slippery when you get the braces off. I had them as a kid and now I have them again, and I'm really looking forward to getting mine off too, and I've only had them for 4 months!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

The only bad part of getting your braces off is that you have to get a retainer after! I haven't worn minefor about a year...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]just don't tell my parents!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

LOL!!! Thanks for all of the advice guys!!! I can't wait to run my tongue across my teeth and have that slippery feeling instead of having a mouth full of metal!! LOL!! I also can't wait to go to school the same day (my appointment is at 8 a.m. and flash my teeth!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]) I was just wondering one more thing: Do they use anything to coat your teeth or gums? If so, does it taste as nasty as that stuff they put on when you first get your braces on??

Jo,

If you don't mind my asking, why did you have to have braces again as an adult after you'd had them before?

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

hey Neha

Listen... The worst part of getting your braces off is the impressions... the only thing you have to remember about those is that when they do the top ones, you have to put your chin to your chest and breathe through your nose. about two years ago when i was first getting mine on i didn't know that.. and my brother thought he would be funny and told me that it was important to breathe through your mouth... big mistake.. had a panic attack right there in the ortho's... so remember to breathe through your nose! when they took mine off i remembered that and i was fine.. a little nervous... but nothing at all.

The important thing is getting those stupid peices of metal out of your mouth!!!

it's so nice to have them off.. my teeth felt kinda big after i got mine off.. and slippery of course.. for a couple of days actually.

i don't remember anything about the taste of my mouth after i got mine off as much as i remember the taste of the retainer... it tasted like it smells when you get your nails done! [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]

But let me tell you.. it's all worth it! braceless teeth should be like.. the 8th wonder of the world or something... It's amazing!

Good luck!
    The most miserable people I know are those who are
    obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose
    themselves in the service of others. -Pres. Gordan B. Hinkley

hmmm It doesnt sound too bad. I may of been convinced to get my teeth sorted out. maybe! Otherqise i'm just going to have braces at some point in my life! Might aswell be now! The problem before aswell as the fact I hate people touching my mouth, is that the orthodontist was a bout and hours drive away! I hate travelling so I think this may of put me off too. There is one near me so I might try, as I dont have a dentist anymore, to go to the one near me. hmmmm I'l thin about it!

Neha,

I had to get braces again because my teeth had moved and my bite was way off and I started chipping teeth. I went to get my teeth cleaned shortly after I chipped the first tooth and my dentist told me the only way to stop doing it is to get braces again. Sure enough, I chipped another one, and I made the appointment to get braces put on. My teeth have moved really fast this time, so I don't think it'll be much longer. I hate those stupid impressions so much, they're awful. I thought for sure they would have invented another way to do it or a faster setting goop or something since I first had braces 15 years ago, but they don't.... it was as awful as I remember!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11