Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OMG Why does this happen to me :(

Im so sick of this shit. My son and I spent the day at a friends house with my son and his playing together. We were there for like 4.5hrs. I was out in the other room talking to his dad. We were going to go out tonight for a party and he rang me about half an hour ago to say that he couldn't come because his son had just v******. I immediately broke out in a sweat and im not going anywhere. They were playing on the laptop together, sharing the ipod and 3ds and I am freaking out. If I don't get it Harrison will which will mean I will have to clean it up and deal with it anyway. I HATE my phobia

What are the chances of either of us catching this?

Default Re: OMG Why does this happen to me :(

anyone help me out here please?

Where you there when the son v*? If not, then you should be fine. Just because your son was sharing items for someone who got sick does not mean you will. The only way to get a sv* is to actually ingest v* or poo particles. If it makes you feel any better, my husband actually had the sv* and we only have one bathroom and I came out fine! The son could have eaten something that didn't agree with him. Kids can get sick for MANY reasons! Good luck!!!

thank you and no it happened after we left, but im still freaking out none the less. my son never remembers to clean his hands before eating and is always sticking his fingers in his mouth. i swear its to torment me. he is 10 and definitely knows better

Ya, I can understand that! It makes us all worry so much! Did you eat when you were over there?

no thank god but my son did have a glass of water there and I used the toilet - omg! im squirming thinking about this. I hate that this stupid irrational shit! has so much control over my life and has for so long.
    I know its irrational so why can't I tell myself when im in my "2 day zone"?? I will never work that one out lol

This year has been very bad for me...worse one yet! Most of what I have seen, they say a person is not contagious until they start showing signs. Ya, they can shed it in their poo for I think like 24 hours before but I would like to think the child is old enough to know to wash his hands after he uses the bathroom. I think you while be fine. If you take probiotics, double up on them and just try to tell yourself you will be fine. Again, kids can get sick for many reasons other than having a bug!

Well, you dont know the reason the child vomitted. MAybe he ate to fast, maybe he pukes over anything. I know a lot of kids who puke over the smallest stuff, like laughing to hard, or having a hair in their mouth.

I wish lol. Being the emetaphobe I am I made sure I got details - no he doesn't get sick easily, and he was sick a few times from what I gathered so it wasn't a one off unfortunately! Its horrible because I do genuinley care how the little fella is feeling, but unfortunately its all turned to be about me and my son and whether we will get it! How selfish is that!