Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Being taunted ... ugh

Just when I was starting to not freak out ... please tell me if I'm over-exagerating

My fiance's parents came down with an sv* 3 weeks ago and we had to see them a week afterwards at their house and I was pretty freaked out for a few days after but then the "window" passed and I started to calm down. Then bam last week Sunday my boss got sick, called in Monday and I had to see her Tuesday. Now we don't work very close so I stayed my distance, washed my hands, etc. This weekend I was calming down and now my sister just posted on facebook that she has the sv*! Now I don't have to see her until Saturday so I won't really have a huge chance of being exposed but I feel over the last 3 weeks, every time I feel I can calm down, I find out someone else has it. It's like it's taunting me.

I'm hoping since I've doubled up on my probiotics and vitamin C and am very particular lately about washing my hands & stuff, that if for some reason I do get it - it won't be bad at all. But, I'm praying it doesn't even hit me! I'm going on vacation in a little over a week

Any encouragement? Am I over reacting here because 4 people I know have had it within the past 3 weeks?

Default Re: Being taunted ... ugh

anyone? I just found out another woman I work with (not closely with she's on the other side of the office) is home sick today with the sv* - am I doomed???

Default Re: Being taunted ... ugh

Hi,
    I think as long as you keep up with the hand washing ETC , you will be fine .... not only that people say they have a SV* and it is something they've eaten or for various different reasons , not everyone that V* has a SV* .... I know how you feel though I see posts on my Fbook all day about people being up all night with a SV* and it puts me into panic mode , which does no good , just makes the whole situation worse!! Although I do wish people would not publish it to the world as I'd rather not know.

You will be fine.

Enjoy your Holiday

Sam
    xx