Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Exposed! Help me please! Urgent!

I work in a physio clinic and today a woman brought in her grandson who startling throwing up in the bathroom and has apparently been sick all morning. If that wasn't bad enough he then walks right in front of my desk holding a full bucket! When one of the doctors came downstairs she said he'd had pain since Sunday and when she tried to touch his stomach he screamed which made her think he has appendicitis. And then she walked back past me with the bucket to go clean it. I spoke to my boss who thankfully is my dad and left but I'm terrified! It's going to take me an hour to get home, I can't wash my hands and I'm freaking out! Help me please!!!!!

Wink Re: Exposed! Help me please! Urgent!

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I don't think the chances of you catching his illness are very high though(: Still I know the trauma of the experience is always the worst of it. When you get home, try your best to comfort yourself (perhaps even distract yourself from the event as a whole). Take a nice hot shower, take some vitamin C, listen to music/watch T.V. and try your best to relax. Stress in itself can help to compromise your immune system. You'll be ok(:

Default Re: Exposed! Help me please! Urgent!

That DEFINITELY sounds like appendicitis to me, especially since he had severe pain and tenderness in his abdomen. I'm sure you'll be fine, Amy.

I think you will be fine. That is a scary experience for someone who has emetophobia, however. It sounds like there is something wrong other than a stomach virus.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i think you will be fine. As long as you wasn't in his face and when he v* near to breathe in the particle.