Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Hidden dangers of everyday things?

Okay, so I'm a little anxious from gas induced cramping and nausea so I'm asorry for my awkward wording. I have heard Tattoos make you nauseated from the ink. I want one on my side but, guess that's not happening.. I have heard that Antiemetics don't work on anxiety related nausea... And finally, I've heard looking down while moving induces nausea... I can't do anything in life. Can somebody comfirm these? And what else hidden dangers are there?

Default Re: Hidden dangers of everyday things?

there are "hidden dangers" everywhere, and not just from the sv* but there are always bacteria & germs floating around. I've been learning lately that you have to really build a confidence in your immune system - it's there for a reason & if you take really good care of it you'll be thankful & not get sick as often, or if you do get sick it won't be as severe as someone who doesn't take care of themselves. I have 4 tatoo's and did not get sick from them. Sure I was nauseous but that was because I was anxious. Antiemetics can work on anxiety-realated nausea by so does deep breathing and relaxation

Tattoos do not make me nauseated, I have two Not one bit of nausea during or after I got them. So do not worry about that! Antiemetics might not work on anxiety nausea because you're not actually going to throw up! If they don't work then you know it's because of anxiety and nothing is going to happen. No way. And third, looking down while moving I suppose could induce nausea but it never has for me. Emets have unbelievably strong stomachs most of the time from what I've seen! Try not to focus on the "hidden dangers" and just try to live life. I know it's really hard, trust me, but you can't focus on them or you won't be able to function at all.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spilled_milk View Post
    Tattoos do not make me nauseated, I have two Not one bit of nausea during or after I got them. So do not worry about that! Antiemetics might not work on anxiety nausea because you're not actually going to throw up! If they don't work then you know it's because of anxiety and nothing is going to happen. No way. And third, looking down while moving I suppose could induce nausea but it never has for me. Emets have unbelievably strong stomachs most of the time from what I've seen! Try not to focus on the "hidden dangers" and just try to live life. I know it's really hard, trust me, but you can't focus on them or you won't be able to function at all.
    This, exactly.

I would think that looking down while moving would cause nausea and even vomiting in people who are prone to motion sickness (and not even all of them), on tattoo ink, I don't know how that would cause nausea, maybe the nerves from getting a tattoo but if you're not nervous or don't usually feel sick with nerves then you have nothing to worry about.

Seriously, there are "hidden dangers" everywhere if you look hard enough. What's the point in looking for more things to be afraid of?
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have 8 tattoos. None nauseated me.

My tattoo didn't make me nauseated at all!

You may find these links helpful!

when I got my tat, there was no nausea~!

Must be a rumor then. Damn, whelp. Does ink type matter? Oh and thank you for that thing you said about Anxiety nausea while on Antiemetics usually you know xD