Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: is she faking?

Default is she faking?

i was feeling ok today until i picked up my daughter from school, she had a snack and about an hour later she said she had a belly ache and a headache as well. but now she is eating soupand drinking tea. she even said she felt like she might have diarrhea. how could someone eat when they are feeling ill? maybe she wants to be lazy today, but she did look a little pale to me. i dont know but now i have a headache and i feel a bit iffy. ohh the inner workings of my fucked up brain....

Default Re: is she faking?

Remember kids can feel weird for many reasons. How old is she? Is she around period age or have had them? I know yesterday I had some diarrhea and felt fine to eat. My belly hurt, but it wasn't like I was going to be sick. You are probably feel off because like you said, our fucked up brains play a BIG part in our emet way of thinking! You should be fine!!!!

You can have abdominal cramps and diarrhea without nausea. By definition, if she were nauseated, she wouldn't feel like eating, but a person with diarrhea can still have an appetite. Anyway, she's a child, and her self-diagnosis is not very meaningful. Check her temperature. If she's eating, that's a good sign that she won't vomit and you don't have to worry about catching anything.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeah! she's 8 and i just had to wrestle a poptart away from her. i just get that feeling of doom whenever my kids show the slightest bit of tummy trouble. thank you for your replies , @ Doug no temp, @ Jellybn no periods yet thank god.

How is she today? I remember once having d* as a kid and feeling hungry and eating normally, just having d*, so it's nothing, I'm sure. It sucks though, doesn't it? Over-analyzing everything? I do it too.

she is fine perfectly fine. but now im the one with the belly ache and in a panic.

Are you feeling any better. Do you have any little rituals you do to help you feel better? Hang in there!
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~