Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared but proud

My daughter just came into my room saying she feels icky. I told her to go sit in the bathroom. I woke my husband up because I started to panic. I figured she got sick from playing at Mcdonald's play house. (my dad took her and her little sister and her cousin there, I was at work otherwise I probably would not have allowed it unless I sprayed it down lol) Well my husband was a little too tired to go in the bathroom and comfort her, so that left me. She started freaking out a little saying she didn't want to V* and that she was scared to. I felt so bad for her. I don't want her to grow up like I did being scared. So I talked her through it. I told her its okay and you will feel better if you do.
    She did not get sick (its been about a half hour now.) she says she feels better now. We think she had heartburn. She had tomato soup before she went to bed.
    Still scared that she will get sick. Hoping she doesn't get sick.
    Baby step though. I was in the same room with her. Usually I am not.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: scared but proud

Good for you! You should be very proud.
    Its somethin I cannot do.
    hopefully the rest of the night will go smoothly, and it was just heartburn. My mom tells me how, when I was young, every time I ate tomatoes soup it would come out my nose. Lol. That's the only soup that did it, and it doesn't happen now! But apparently ya, every time id eat it, it would come shooting out my nose. Hahaha.

Congrats that does not sound like a baby step to me. I would have kicked my husband out of bed I don't care how tired he is! Lol

Good job! I would have not stayed in the same room. I don't think I could.

Well done I know how hard that can be a big step taken hope she is feeling better !!!

I wanted to say that I'm sooo very proud of you for being there to support her! You should feel proud and you have taken a much bigger step than just a baby step! *hugs*