Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help please! feeling really anxious

Hi I've had the day from hell; my boss is a complete a*hole and has been making life miserable all day. feeling completely unmotivated at work and on the verge of just walking out. But what really tipped me over the edge is right now my daughter is not feeling too good, and of course I'm panicking about 'it' is gonna happen. She tells me she just feels shivery like she got the flu, and to be honest she has got soaked walking to school 2 mornings in a row, and has been at school most of the day in damp clothing feeling cold, she is sensitive to things like that and got quite ill earlier this year when she got soaked on holiday with the school But although she not mention her stomach at all, I'm just freaking, she's 14 and in bed right now, and I'm freaking at every little noise coming from her room, I know it gonna be a long, long night, what with feeling so wound up about work and with her not feeling too good i doubt i will get much sleep tonight, just don't wanna think about the 'worst' happening, just feel like running away. i just feel on a knife edge right now, it difficult to concentrate fully on anything to take my mind off it, with one ear listening out for her. Can anyone help me, please?

Default Re: help please! feeling really anxious

I've been there! If her stomach isn't bothering her that is a good sign. She may just be getting a cold or be from being chilled all day.....maybe a warm shower would warm her up.

thanks for your support. it really helps to know someone is there for me. I think your idea is a good one, I think she's asleep at the moment. I'm sat downstairs right now, and not feeling slightly sleepy, my hubbie is with me, I've got my earphones in listening to the radio, so I can't hear 'anything' -just in case. I just realised someone went to the toilet, - I seen the light go on, and my heart started pounding, but then I realised it was my son -phew!! I'm just on hyper alert right now!

I get the same way with my kids. Yesterday my son said his stomach hurt before lunch and while he insisted he was fine, I was on edge all night.

i'm so glad you're here for me right now, she is in my bedroom right now, she's not sleeping too soundly. I am hoping it's just a nasty chill/cold from getting wet and cold, her nose is a little stuffy, which is somewhat reassuring, although i don't like her to feel unwell, as long as it's anything but the dreaded i can cope, i find it somewhat reassuring when she's with me, at least I'm not listening out and guessing all the time, but of course i'm still anxious at every little noise, I know what you mean about kids saying something then insisting they are fine i'm like constantly checking anyway, they are used to it by now. don't think i can sleep yet, i think maybe i watch some tv for a bit, keep an eye on things until i feel its 'safe' which may be some time away i'm praying everything will be fine. many thanks again

You're welcome. I hope she feels better soon.