Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation exposed again! why does this keep happening?!

i'm currently moving into a theatre for a show and i was in the bathroom yesterday washing my hands when i heard somebody throwing up in the stall behind me. i dried my hands and ran out and the person i found out had been lying down with a headache all morning. i stayed away from her as much as i could and she left early but there's only one bathroom for the cast and i didn't use it but i did wash my hands in there a couple of times. i didn't eat all day because my hands felt too dirty but i ate when i went home and took a multi vitamin this morning and ate but my stomach hurts a little now and i'm really worried! i can't afford to get sick this week! i was in the room when it happened! that's not good, right?!

Default Re: exposed again! why does this keep happening?!

Sounds more like a migraine to me. Those are notorious for causing stomach upset. I wouldn't worry too much although I do understand how upsetting and scary it is to be in that situation.

you weren't in there long enough to get any of her germs, just wash your hands and don't touch your face.

You should be just fine. If she had a headache and then got sick, I betcha 10 to 1, she had a migraine! I know that mine can cause some pretty instense n*! I betcha if I wasn't an emet, I probably would have gotten sick. But just like the above posted stated, you weren't there long enough and if they were in the stall, unless you were leaning in over her while she was getting sick, you couldn't have inhaled anything. But I know the anxiety of it!!

Just knowing there is a chance of getting sick sends my anxiety levels rising, I'm on high alert for the next week. I wish other people didn't judge me for being so scared of it.

Who is judging you? I hate that! I get like that too. Whenever someone gets sick no matter what the reason, I get all panicy and freak. I work in an hospital and I have to pick up the records from patients who have had surgery...well, plenty of people have reaction to Anesthesia and my coworkers got to see up close on what happens when someone gets sick...I just disappear and it takes me about..4 to 5 hours to relax due to the fact I know that I can't get it....hope you are doing ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBn83 View Post
    Who is judging you? I hate that! I get like that too. Whenever someone gets sick no matter what the reason, I get all panicy and freak. I work in an hospital and I have to pick up the records from patients who have had surgery...well, plenty of people have reaction to Anesthesia and my coworkers got to see up close on what happens when someone gets sick...I just disappear and it takes me about..4 to 5 hours to relax due to the fact I know that I can't get it....hope you are doing ok now.

How often do people get sick from anesthesia? How common is it? I had a colonoscopy recently under general anesthesia and thankfully no nausea.