Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can you V* from too much crying?

Hi guys. So today was really stressful for me. Lots of things happened, most really awful, and it upset me quite a bit. So I cried. Hard. I don't think I've cried that hard since my Dad died. I was just sitting there bawling for about an hour or two.

After I was done, I felt really exhausted, and maybe a teeny bit N*. Can you V* from too much crying?

Silly question, I know. But my emet has been bad lately, so anything helps. Thankies!

Default Re: Can you V* from too much crying?

It's definitely possible to vomit from emotional upset. However, emets are unlikely to vomit this way. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with Doug.

When I was younger, I cried when my parents divorced. It was almost nonstop crying for two or three days (which, to that point in my life, I didn't know was possible to cry that much, almost constantly) and didn't eat much. Since I was little I didn't know to blow my nose a lot, so (sorry for the bit of graphic here) I would swallow a lot of phlegm and spit into my stomach. Being that my stomach was pretty much empty of food but now full of all the tears and phlegm and such, I did end up making myself sick. But in your case? I hope not! I cry a LOT and sometimes will feel n* because of the emotional upset. But it's rarely just due to the crying itself. And that was the only time (even after all these years of crying my eyes out) that I ever v* after crying. But it wasn't due to the crying alone - as you can see it was also due to the fact that I hadn't eaten, I was stressed, I'd been crying for an extremely extended period of time, and I had swallowed so much nasty on an empty stomach. No worries, hun. Crying is a good thing sometimes!

Just remember to take a breather and blow your nose!

The only time I almost v* from crying was during a panic attack in the middle of the night. My eyes were swollen and red and I couldn't stop rubbing them, I was screaming, and crying so hard and hiccuping that I could feel I had almost mechanically caused myself to v* (which made me force myself to stop crying to hard). Had to take an Ativan. Aside from that, never experienced something like this. I have seen children cry so much they v*, but usually it's very small kids when they are inconsolable because they want their parents or don't want to go to sleep.

I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about.

I know that this happens sometimes to children, but I've never experienced it. I tend to hyperventilate when I'm extremely distraught, which is fine. My guess is the fear would override the crying and you'd force yourself to slow down before you got to that point.