Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My House Is Infected :(

Hi everyone I'm new here and posted an introduction in the right thread i think anyways, I have been dealing with (well somewhat) v* since last Friday when my oldest daughter got sick with what we thought was maybe the fact that she ate a lot of cantaloupe at night but she told us while my hubby & I were in bed about to go to sleep that she just threw up well I was like oh lord help me cause I had to get up cause my hubby had to go to work the next day so he needed sleep. I got up gave her a wet rag and something to drink and told her to make sure she got it in the toilet and i would get her a gift ( its something i do to each on of my kids when they are sick to keep me from seeing or cleaning it) well she did excellent on that part but i heard her all night as it woke me when she would go to the bathroom. The next day I called my mom and asked her if she could take Kenzie (my sick daughter) till the next day and my mom knows how I am so she said yeah and took her, then my other daughter Brooke-Lynn went to her grandma's cause when one child goes somewhere the other likes to go some where also which left me with my youngest Aubrey. Well I kept calling my mom to check up on Kenzie and she was doing great didn't throw up anymore and was fine so I went the next day to pick her up at my mom's but before picking her up I met my other daughter Brookie who was at her grandma's at the gas station and when i got there the grandma said the Brookie was complaining that her stomach was hurting and as I went pull her out the car Brookie said she felt like to throw up so I panicked and told Mrs. Ruth (grandma) that i couldn't watch if she could take her over there on the side of the building and i'll go inside and see if they had some pepto or something of that kind. Well I came back outside and Mrs. Ruth told me she didn't do anything just maybe her nerves or something so I put Brookie in the car with me and we left to go back to my mom's house and i was driving fast to cause I didn't want her to throw up in my presence and i talked to her while driving to keep her mind off it. Well once we got to my mom's house she said mom I feel like I have to throw up again and I told her to go in front of my car and I'll go get Gammie ( thats what my kids call my mom) well I ran inside and told mom now Brookie out there throwing up and she said ok and went meet her (God I love my mom yeah) well I then realized that what Kenzie had the night before wasn't due to bad cantaloupe it was a virus. UGH!!! Well my dad came inside and told me to get a rag and I did and he brought it to Brookie who was still outside with my mom while I stayed inside feeling like a bad mom. Once Brookie got it all out she came inside with mom and went to the bathroom just in case and mom came up to me and told me it was a lot (thanks mom) anyways I asked mom please i know she kept Kenzie the night before but I would do anything if she kept Brookie for me and she said ok well i went to the store and bought some items crackers, gatorade, pedialyte, soup, etc. to help my mom out. I got back and Brookie was layed on the living room floor with a towel next to her and by this time about 10:00pm she was just dry heaving well i left with my other 2 daughters and told mom to keep texting me on how Brookie was doing. My brother who suffers with the same phobia as me except he can see it he just can't do it you know he text me the next morning saying that mom stayed up with Brookie till 2:00am then she finally feel asleep but as he was leaving for school mom was in the bathroom with Brookie at 6:00am. Well about 8:00 I called mom and asked how Brookie was doing and she told me she stopped dry heaving but has d* now. My mom said she was so scared last night cause Brookie was dry heaving so much she thought she was gonna end up seeing blood. Well that day I spent all day looking for Airborne jr. for my little one cause she is a momma's girl and doesn't like to sleep anywhere so if she got sick i was gonna have to take care of her, so i couldn't find no Airborne jr anywhere i was so mad, I went later on in the day and pickup Brookie cause she was done being sick except for the d* which I can deal with. So Monday morning I brought Kenzie to school and Brookie stayed home with me and Aubrey and I kept spraying the house and stuff with Lysol hoping and praying none of the rest of us caught it. Well that night I was cooking supper everyone was home my hubby was in the room with the others watching a movie and I was bringing him his food and went to the washer to transfer close to the dryer when my hubby yelled for me to come quick and I stopped dead in my tracks like I knew what happened, My youngest Aubrey just threw up and I started cussing up a storm went into the bedroom and my hubby told me to take her to the bathroom while he cleaned up and I took her to the bathroom hoping she wouldn't through up again and i yelled almost crying for my hubby to come take my place while I cleaned it up cause I didn't want to be there while she's doing it, He kinda got mad but he came took over while I cleaned (I'll love him forever and ever for that) We put Aubrey back in the bed with a towel and I was thinking scared on how the night would go but to my shocking amazement she threw up that one time which makes me wonder if she even caught it or if it was just an upset stomach. So Monday comes and goes, Tuesday comes and goes and me and my hubby are still fine so the panicking on my part kinda slows down a little but I continue taking my Ester-C morning and night & drinking my Emergen-c twice a day along with a Probiotic Acidophilus once a day and continue trying to get the bug germs out my house & washing my hands like crazy when Wednesday night comes and my hubby starts having d* and then starts throwing up at night around 8:00pm so now I'm panicking and my hubby stayed up all night long running to the bathroom throwing up and having diarrhea I stayed up with him till 1:00am but fell asleep and I woke up to take the kids to school and he was still running to the bathroom, I don't want to catch this bug its lethal after I saw what it did to everyone in my family except for me (knock on wood) I'm scared to death and panicking bad I'm even rubbing the inside of my nose with alcohol pads to kill anything that tries to go up there and I rub my lips with alcohol pads too I'm washing my hands so much they are raw now and my hubby is freaking out cause i'm on my 5th bottle of Lysol spray spraying this house and I just bought 2 gallons of bleach to clean with I can't catch this and my nerves are getting to me bad. After everything I've been through since last Friday night I'm exhausted and can't get this. Anyone got any advice for me to not get this bug and kill it and calm my nerves?

Default Re: My House Is Infected :(

Well it seems you are taking the right precautions so far. Just to comfort you, last Feburary my sister, niece and my sisters boyfriend all came down with it.. I had no idea they all had it until they were all recovered from it so I was exposed and not knowing I was exposed for literally a week! Although they all used one bathroom downstairs which I use the upstairs one, it still didn't matter cause I was cooking food downstairs and everything. Lets just say I totally freaked out for a whole week and didn't eat for a week so obviously I never got it which was a miracle to me. I think the reason why your hubby got it, is cause he wasn't careful and he isn't a emet so they don't take the precautions we take and desperate measures! But remember you do, and I think that's what kept you safe this whole time and most likely will keep keeping you safe! So keep washing your hands, and remember that even if your husband does get better and you clean the bathroom doesn't mean the virus is gone, because it can live in your stool for quite awhile! So still take your precautions and make sure you clean the bathroom down a week after everyone has been recovered and keep washing your hands! And if you can see if you can't get everyone that has been sick to use one bathroom, and you use other that's if you have 2 bathrooms!
    Last edited by pinogirl3321; 05-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.