Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When will this end!!!

I cannot believe that it is May and still the SV seems to be here, I have not been too bad over the past couple of weeks always in the back of my mind but manageable and today I go onto to my daughters school website where the newsletters are and yes you guessed it a statement re v*ing going around the school and that parents are to keep there children off for 48 hrs from time of first V* I vented last week with reference to a mum who I know had sent her child to school the morning of him V* so I wondered if this was what prompted it but was grateful to them for making parents aware to keep children at home but now I am anxious again and will worry over my daughter I feel awful to my stomach again, and feel scared which I know is silly just wish it would get better it seems to be hanging around this year or is it I am just 100% more aware of it

Default Re: When will this end!!!

It seems to be hanging around here to...but at least your schools say 48 hours......at my kids school it is 12!

I totally agree! Our school started just before thanksgiving...my daughter go it just before xmas and I was in a panic for two weeks just waiting for it. Then she got it again!!! And three days later one of my twins followed by the other. I was in a panic watching kids at school drop like flies and it ripping through entire families. I was a mad woman cleaning and disinfecting. I felt sick to my stomach every day! 10 days went by and I finally thought it was over for us...then my oldest son vomited all over the bathroom. I ran outside and just broke down once he was fine. Knock on wood my husband and I never got it but it is STILL going around and I can't take the anticipation anymore. I am DONE with this fear...I want to feel like a capable mother and I don't. I hold it together while they are sick and then have my moments outside or alone after they go to bed. Good Luck...I know how horrible it is to feel on edge for weeks and weeks. Take care!

I agree! I got a memo from my sons schooling saying there was a virus going around and how it's important to wash your hands. I have counted the days down to when my sons will be out for the summer...only 9 school days. It's like i get mad ,i'm supposed to be enjoying my sons moments in school...BUT NO.. it's just this stupid fear and panic 24/7

i blame the weather this year for the continued noro outbreaks. here in michigan we have had this up and down pattern and as we know people stay indoors when it's cold out. im still seeing alot of people i know coming down with the virus and it still scares me as my kid has not had it this year. i also know im not in the clear until about a week after summer break starts. good thing is that's only about a month away. also keep in mind noro is always around, all year but it's less in the summer because of no school and people being outdoors more.

im glad im not the only one that is in constant fear. i do not have any kids but the fear still remains.i want to be free of this demon that has consumed my life! if i look on facebook and see that someone has a sv* or doesn't feel good its like my whole day is ruined. if my fiance says he doesn't feel good i ask him every 5 minutes if he is feeling better just praying that he says yes. i am going to my psychologist tomorrow and hopefully she will have some helpful tips for me. we will conquer this!!

I feel the SAME way, it is no way to live...I am so done with it! I have tried so many workbooks, therapies, and yoga etc. i just feel like nothing helps. I am always trying to research new treatment options. Thinking about trying acupuncture. Good Luck!

Oh my goodness, I wish parents would keep their children home more often when they are sick. That way there would be less sickness in the schools. I hope it clears up soon, it is also hanging around in my area as well.

It's in my area too. My friend had it Saturday night! I wish it would go away.