Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Total Panick over Drive

Hi, Guys,

I am totally new to this, I was unaware, that was forum, dedicated emetophobia, But I am looking for support, as distressed, I have been a sufferer for 34 years, and haven't been sick, since 4, well, that was until Thursday, I started getting an upset stomach, i could even face smoking, that how i knew there something wrong,, then it happened I knew I was gonna be sick, it felt very surreal, and not as bad as i thought, I was sick in 3 different waves,, but i delt with...

But, my emetophobia, has come back, feeling twice as bad, keep reliving it in my mind over and over again, I thought once i was sick, it would help a little, but hasn't, keep thinking, it could happen again, now, so has caused constant anxitie, just need some support, has anyone experience,

Default Re: Total Panick over Drive

Hi,

I know how you feel, your mind keeps going over that moment on repeat like a film in your brain. Horrible. That constant replay of the moment generate anxiety and worry. My mind is in overdrive at the mo as my little sis has just been s* and I'm panicking, thinking a repeat is now going to happen from the last time I was s*..
    all I can say is have a strong willed mind, dont replay that film in your head over and over again, it makes things worse than good. Reassurance and comfort always help me so I hope I helped you.
    Btw, I've been a serious emetophobia for 2-3 years now, so you are sort of my role model and for you to say being s* was not that bad is a real comfort to me.

Hayleigh, 18.

I had fp* a few weeks back, and I came very close to v*ing (although just ended up dry heaving). After that experience, and once I was sure I was over the fp*, I felt this relief wash over me - like look, I made it through. And the same thing happened when I v*ed in September (hangover) - but after some time, the phobia set right back in. I actually suffered very bad anxiety for a few weeks concerning v*ing... it's only been the past few days where I've felt like my anxiety is under control.

We know it isn't as bad as we think it is once it happens. I've found that in moments where I KNOW I'm going to be sick, I'm fine, there's some acceptance... but the anxiety surrounding it is the worst. The best thing I can tell you is that you have to keep reminding yourself that what you're feeling now is anxiety - not n*. Distract yourself and do some deep breathing.

PM me if you need someone to talk to

Thanks guys, good to know, i am not the only one who has this phobia, I must admit, it def more anxitie, now, and I was on the phone to mate, who was very helpful, and i am feeling a lot carmer now, I don't regret that was sick, I needed to do it, to understand what it was like, so just deal with replays, but that just the next stage, i feel like a small victory, as i didn't know what was vomiting was like now i do, and i know if i got sick again, i can deal,