Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Red face I'm wearing teal for everyone friday:)

Hello!
    At my school we are having awareness week! So today we had breast cancer awareness, tomorrow prostate, wednesday skin cancer, thursday hospice care and friday purple for relay for life or your choice So I have decided to wear teal on friday to support everyone because teal stands for anxiety awareness and agoraphobia, stuff like that! I've made about eleven teal hair ribbons for my friends. This is a big moment for me, becase not many people know about my emet, so its kind of scary, but I feel ready!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I'm wearing teal for everyone friday:)

Awwwww, that's really nice! Not enough people know about emet and people don't believe it is a real phobia. Well done! Wish I could be there too!

That is awesome!

i love this! those who do not have this curse called anxiety and emet have no clue how hindering it can be. i have been made fun of quite a bit for mine. i get the response "can't you take meds for that?" or "go talk to someone." there are pills and therapy availabe however there is no cure and/or "quick fix." like my mom says (she's a severe depression sufferer) - you tell people you have cancer they tear up. you tell people you have anxiety/depression they roll their eyes. i know we can all conquer this! what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?