Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Can Orajel stop vomiting?

Sorry if I sound dunce but, could numbing your gag reflex stop vomiting?

Default Re: Can Orajel stop vomiting?

It may stop you gagging if something touches your gag reflex when you're not sick but if you're sick I don't think it will stop you vomiting. So my guess is no.

Out is correct. If you're numbing the gag flex so something can "trigger" it and not make you gag, then yes. I had to have a camera look at my vocal chords a few years ago and they numbed my throat, then shoved a camera against the back of my throat and there was no gagging at all. I couldn't even feel it!

However, if you have a stomach bug or something like that, it's not the gag reflex that causes the vomiting, so it wouldn't do anything to stop it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yea, thought as much lol. Would it help or not matter?

I don't think it would do anything unless something was being pushed into the gag reflex.

You may find these links helpful!

plus, it is ill advised to swallow Orajel!

Hmm, if the stomach relaxes before vomiting... Sry, just thinking of ways to prevent vomiting

Quote Originally Posted by MarrickFait View Post
    Hmm, if the stomach relaxes before vomiting... Sry, just thinking of ways to prevent vomiting
    I think the key with our phobia is to work on the anxiety about vomitting, not all the avoidance behaviors that probably don't work anyway

That's highly suggestive on the person. Nausea causes my anxiety, and I almost never have panic attacks. Stopping my nausea would dry my anxiety.