Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It happened! Help!!!

It's been months since I've been on here. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant and have been doing fairly well with my phobia since my last post. But now everything has changed. Sunday night I started to feel n* but thought it was just hormones. I woke up at 3 am and was even more n* and then at 5am I actually v*. I had d* too. (Sorry for the graphic nature guys!) So all day Monday and yesterday I felt absolutely awful. Being pregnant and having an sv is the worst!! My husband (we just got married a little over a week ago) also got sick. We have four kids alltogether, one, my son stays with us through the week and his three come on the weekends. So I would have thought that since I got it first that I would be ok with thinking the kids might get this too. WRONG!! I am still a mess. And even though I felt absolutely awful Monday and yesterday I was still an emotional and psychological wreck on the inside, I just felt too sick to show it or talk about it. I still don't feel 100% today but I suppose that when you're pregnant these things linger longer.

Anyway, that's the gist of what happened. Now I'm terrified that my son will get it and then that his three will also get it. My husband still doesn't feel really good either which doesn't help the worry part. I don't understand why I am so scared since I have already had this and cannot turn around and get it again. I didn't realize that my fear was of the entire sickness in general, and not just of contracting it myself. So I guess I just really need someone to talk to who understands this. Nobody I know can even begin to understand the madness. My husband used to be super supportive and understanding but I think that with all my other crazy pregnant things I've worn him down. All I want right now is to know that I will be a good mother to my kids during this. I'm almost sure that at least my son will catch it because he's been here through most of it. I don't want any of them to go through it, although I know they don't fear it like I do. I've never had to deal with more than one sick child at a time in 6 years either. Now I have 4 and I'm scared as hell. I'm bidding my time until I can get back on my Paxil and feel at least semi sane about this and other anxiety issues. I want to breastfeed this baby really badly but I'm not sure that I can take being off my med for that much longer. I guess I just need some support and a shoulder to cry on. Sorry that was so long and thanks for reading.
    Rachel

Default Re: It happened! Help!!!

I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. I've never had children, so I don't know what it's like, but sv sucks when you aren't all hormonal. You should congratulate yourself on getting through the sickness! That alone is awesome, but I hate the waiting to find out who else is going to get sick.

Hopefully, if you cleaned everything really good, no one else will get it. If they do, just remember that you can't get it again so soon, and try to stay relaxed for the kids sake. Good luck, I hope things work out for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so sorry you got sick It seems like you handled it really well though, especially being pregnant, so that is certainly a triumph I would have completely freaked out.

As artoo said, just clean everything really well and everyone should be fine. If somebody gets sick and you have more than one bathroom, tell the children that there is a sick bathroom and a well bathroom, so that they use separate ones. I know you're scared, but everything will be okay. Just remember that it won't happen to you even if they do get it, and if they do it will end soon.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thankyou guys! Apparently it wasn't a virus because I got sick again yesterday. I ended up having to go to the hospital for fluids and to stop early labor. I'm pretty sure it's my gallbladder and that's good because no one else will catch it but bad because the n* and pain wont go away and I'm terrified to eat. It's like I can feel that it's just waiting to make me v* again! So I guess my new problems are staying hydrated and figuring out which foods are safe. Ugh. I'm hoping my ob doc will give me something like zophran or phenergen so that at least I dont have to be n* or actually v* after eating. Thanks again guys!

If it is your gallbladder, they can take it out, but probably not until after the pregnancy. My mom had that done shortly after I was born actually, and it can cause all of that. I hope you are doing ok!!

I can remember having a sv when I was pregnant when I was 17, & yes, it is the worst, & I lost count of the number of times I vted. Thankfully it was the last time that I had a sv, & hopefully the last.