Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Been feeling tense and full- somewhat n*. I'm in school all day, and there's nowhere to leave to if i start feeling worse!! I feel somewhat gassy, I ate cereal this morning, and now I'm really afraid that I'll V* during school. This is entirely unproductive but please help!

Default Re: Help!

Hey there,
    I am new to this website too : ) but I have been there before, and it sounds like you need a response. First off I find that it can help to tell yourself that there is always a way out. If worse comes to worse (which i really don't think it will!!!) you really can leave, even class! you are not trapped. I have quietly left classes and work and gotten off a bus or two in my time just because I couldn't be there anymore. Sometimes just taking a bathroom break and using it to walk around in the fresh air for a bit can help you feel a bit better. With that said It sounds like anxiety might be whats causing your stomach to hurt, the beauty of that is that it might be miserable and scary but it won't likely cause you to be ill.
    You will be ok! I believe that

fun fact: usually passing gas is a sign that your intenstines are working as they should be - maybe a little overtime because you ate something that produced more gas. i think youll be fine!

Did you make it through your day ok? I had a similar episode today at Walmart lol. I try this: breath really deeply, in through your nose until you can't pull in anymore air, then out through the mouth untill most of your air is gone, keep it steady and not fast. Just concentrate on the way the air feels in your lungs. Also another tip, especially good if you have to be in class or a car: start with your toes, tense them and hold for five seconds, then release, work up through all of your muscles until you get to your neck. You can do the breathing thing with it too. Sometimes these help, other times they don't but it's worth a try! I hope you feel better and made it through your day!

Thanks everyone! It really means a lot. I did make it through ok, only left class once and only for a few minutes