Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default iron supplement...need advice

I'm suppose to be taking an iron supplement because I'm slightly anemic...but I'm terrified its going to make me nauseous and vomit...because A LOT of people get those side effects from taking iron supplements...I went and got something called "vitamin code" raw iron...its suppose to be easier to digest..but I can only find 5 reviews and only 2/5 of those say that they didn't upset their stomachs...any advice or suggestions on which iron supplement I should take and that won't upset my stomach? Any experience with the vitamin code iron?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: iron supplement...need advice

I havent had that one, but i have had taken iron supplements daily for 14 years and have been ok. I am anemic without them, but when i was pregnant they didnt work anyway so ended up having injections. Anyway, perhaps share your fears with your dr, maybe theres something to help with any side effects. X

Well, I took iron supplements when I was pregnant with my first child (6 years ago)and didn't have any problems...bbut 6 years ago, I wasnt nearly as paranoid as I am now a days...I just can't bring myself to open the bottle!! But I am feeling the effects of anemia (like being dizzy and out of breath...ugh..I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I took Ferrosequels when I was pregnant and after birth, and I never had any problems at all (apart from some mild constipation, which could also be due to pregnancy in general, or the fact that I was on bed rest and got no exercise). I took it with food just to be safe, but this stuff is supposed to be gentler on your stomach, and I was totally fine on it.

I really do think that if they were going to give you any problems you would have had them when you took them before, but i know what you mean, i am the sane with meds.