Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy i didn't know where else to put this (rant) missing my senior prom

okay so this is just me ranting because i don't really have anyone to rant to who gets it. i was phsically sick for a few years and had to leave my old school to attend an online school. i got better thank goodness then developed severe anxiety and was never able to go back to my old school. obviously i didn't get asked to the prom, and what was supposed to be "my" senior prom is tonight. i can't help but be upset even when everyone else tells me its no big deal. ive been looking forward to it for years and it represents everything that i thought i would be right now. of course im siting home doing physics work instead because no one asked me to go with them. oh and its the school's policy that you need a male date form that school or you cant go so i couldnt go with friends
    "If you're lucky enough to be different, don't ever change." -Taylor Swift

I play music.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: i didn't know where else to put this (rant) missing my senior prom

sorry that you didn't get to go to your prom. i don't understand why a school would not allow students to go without a date......i thought those days were over......if you had posted before your prom i would definitely suggest you ask one of your male friends to go along with you......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it is because she isnt a student there anymore, so a male would have to ask her. That is my guess. But honestly, people are right, proms arent all they are hyped up to be! But I also understand why you feel left out. Sorry to hear it

I'm sorry you feel left out

If it helps you feel better, I missed my Senior Prom due to some health problems. I did, however, attend my Junior Prom, and it was boring as anything! It was the stupidest thing ever. Music I hated, bad food, and so loud you couldn't talk to anyone.

Maybe you can go out with friends for a fun dinner somewhere else? My Senior Prom night consisted of my bf and I having cheesecake factory

You may find these links helpful!

Sorry you didn't go to prom. I have to admit my prom was kinda crappy too, but I still went.
    i hope you are feeling better these days too.

I agree you should do a big get together with your friends. Even have it semi fancy have everybody dress up and do a mini prom at your house.

Hope you are well.