Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default SV is in my HOUSE!!! *graphic*

So, I haven't been here in a few years... not that my emet has left but has been manageable. I actually went on to have a vomit free pregnancy and delivery and now have a beautiful little girl. And still find myself back here where people actually understand what a struggle this fear is. SOOOOOO sunday night my 4 month old started V*... big difference from the spit up. which also led to lots and lots of loose stool, We figured it was her formula, had her to the doctors and they agreed it was her formula.. Well tuesday night my boyfriend began V* and pooping AT THE SAME TIME Wednesday morning he was at the hospital hooked up to an iv for dehydration. My mother came over to help me clean his mess while he stayed over at his grandmothers (all because of my fear) well last night (thursday) my mother and his grandmother BOTH had the same thing as him... OMG I have never been more scared in my life. Of course as I sit here and type I feel awful, and can never tell the difference between my anxiety and what could be the worse about to happen. I have been washing my hands like crazy, however I'm worried that I might not have taken it as serious as I am now that everyone caught it. I don't use my hands to put anything in my mouth ever (I eat chips with a fork, and probably always will) however I am sure that doesn't eliminate my risk.... What is a good way to get this bug out of my house and is there anyway I am going to be lucky enough to dodge the bullet or am I gaurenteed to get it..... I am TERRIFIED! Sorry this is so long you guys

Default Re: SV is in my HOUSE!!! *graphic*

It seems like you take the necessary precautions to prevent you from getting sick. And if you haven't gotten it yet, I wanna say you've likely dodged it. Lysol and bleach everything in the house.

How are you feeling now?