Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Norovirus with no v* help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help?! So on the 9th may we had a phone call from Winchester hospital saying they have restricted visiting hours to 6.30pm-7.30pm as there has been cases of norovirus on a couple of wards... Me and my fatherimmediatelyy freaked out shaken and crying, he had been up the hospital that day with my mum i was scared because itsliterallyy a nightmare come true...Now my dad rang hospital asked what wards and found out itwasn'tt the ward my granddad was on but me and him still couldn't stop panicking he was goggling symptoms,incubation period etc... Its been over 48 hours now, my dads had the poops abit of nausea but no v* I've had extreme nausea but don't know if that's via panicking.... Anyway How likely is it to have noro without vomiting and how likely is it we would have it now without v* yet We are so scared!

Me & My Father both suffer with emetephobia!

so scared so panicked I WANT TO DIE :'( HELP ME!

I Have also needed to go do a poo but i'm to scared too incase its the runs I Also havent eaten ANYTHING Since 11pm 9th may Only drank a cup of coffee & some juice Please someone help me please

Default Re: Norovirus with no v* help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister had a terrible s*v* that lasted days. She had a fever and d*, but no v*. I'd rather that then v*ing, but ideally there'd be nothing at all....
    Anyway, I don't see how you'd get it as a mere visitor. I'm sure the restricted hours are to protect the patients (who may be immunocomprised) rather than the visitors.

Default Re: Norovirus with no v* help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you must be feeling, someone who i lived with once got the Norovirus and i was a complete mess for days, i even drove all the way home to my parents house at 3am because i was scared i was going to be sick. I've found for me, when i am panicking and going crazy when i think I'm going to be sick, is i just drink loads of water, and flush my system because you will pee it out like half an hour later and then you know that its passing through you okay. Its a silly thing to do, but for me it works, also then i know IF i was to be sick, it would be water, not anything else. If you don't eat and just drink coffee or something then your tummy is bound to feel nauseas because caffeine will do that anyway.
    Be strong, for you and your Father, try and distract yourself with a movie or something too, if the hospital was going to be a danger zone while you were in it, I'm certain you would have been told. If its been over 48hours then chances are you'll be fine! It will be your nerves and your mind getting the better of you thats making you feel sick. The norovirus also is v*ing and d* i don't think its very likely if you were to have it, to have it without v*.
    Let me know how you are xxx