Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post V* in game trailer makes me not want to buy it (possibly small trigger)

I wanted to get this video game called Batman: Arkham City which is of the best rated games of last year. Thing is I saw a character v*/cough up blood (not sure which which he was doing, also that was the trigger I mentioned about reading that part about blood). Earlier I didn't even think to get this game but I've been fighting my phobia to the point where I feel like wanting to get it regardless of whether or not that scene is in a cut-scene in the game. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: V* in game trailer makes me not want to buy it (possibly small trigger)

You should definitely do it! I know it can be a bit scary seeing it in games, but you've seen it once in the trailer, you can definitely handle it again. If you recognise the scene from the trailer, if you don't feel up to facing it, you can turn away from the screen. If you want to play the game, definitely do it!
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: V* in game trailer makes me not want to buy it (possibly small trigger)

Do it!! Arkham Asylum is a great game!! I haven't played much of it but my BF loves it. I can ask him if he knows when it happens so you are prepared for it if you want.

Congrats on making up your mind to not let this phobia ruin your fun!

You may find these links helpful!

Thanks! @ asianeko it's alright lol you don't have to ask him but thanks anyways.

I checked, he doesn't remember anyway haha.

You may find these links helpful!

Definitely get the game. If its Ing blood or just the fact that it's not real vomit ther should be nothing to be afraid of. It probably would just happen that once in the game.

Hope you change your mind