Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emptophobia destroying me

i am having a very bad time at mo,with emetophobia, can't leave my house, but also don't want to be here, i am having constant panick attacks, 24/7 anxiety, i was sick for the first time in 34 years, couple of weeks ago, i can't shift it out of mind, it's getting to stage, where i am tempted to do myself in, i am trying to dramatic, but i can't handle feeling like this, help please

Default Re: Emptophobia destroying me

We are all there with you! You are not alone! If you need to chat, I can meet you in the chat room.

You're terrorizing yourself because your worst fear happened and now you're reliving it, terrified it will happen again. Try this, every time you catch yourself reliving it, switch your thoughts to something else - something you find pleasant. At first it will feel weird or wrong or just plain silly, but if you keep doing this "thought shifting" after a while you'll stop scaring yourself with thoughts of it happening again. Also, you need to force yourself to get out (you know this). Just a little bit, but a little bit more every day and if you do that, in a few weeks you'll be a lot better. Can you take anything to help calm you down when you have the panic attacks? What I do is take a bit of over the counter anti nausea meds because they have a sedating effect - usually just half a pill is enough to take the edge off without knocking me out. It's not going to be easy because it sounds like you've been traumatized being sick after 34 years BUT you CAN get yourself out of this, a little bit every day. Be gentle and patient with yourself while you push yourself a tiny bit more every day. You can do it!!!

Thanks for comments, people. i know it's all in my head. but it tough to get control of it sometimes

oh its awful doing it after goin a long time avoidoing it! it happened to me a couple of years ago and my anxiety tripled ever since the incident! go and get some help love. its time you did. book an app. with your doc they're ery helpful and understanding. therapy is definatly the way to go
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Hey, how are you doing now?