Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me... Someone💔

Someone please help me...I'm 16, just got my license and because I got my license, my mom kicked me out....she forced me to leave my friends that I grew up with. Who actually aren't really my friends. They're my family. Since my real family fell apart when I was 6. Anyways, sorry about the sob story, but I moved to Arizona with my dad and I don't know anyone really.....it's horrible. I can honestly say I hate my life. Not just because of this whole new world I'm in, but because my new world is constantly being controlled by my emetophobia fear....I'm up right now just trying to fall asleep and I can't. Please someone just tell me I'll be okay and that everything will be alright. I'm so sorry if I made that sound like I need sympathy, but sometimes people really do need some comfort, sympathy, and support. Thank you:"(

Default Re: Please help me... Someone💔

Hi Hun! I'm so sorry to hear that! I know you will be alright, it's not always easy (I know) but you got to stay strong and just believe that things will turn out better for you soon. Everyone is dealing with some sort of problem and maybe your mom isn't mad at you personally but is struggling with some other issues. Don't be too hard on yourself, you'll make new friends, it's all a matter of time. I felt the same way when I was 16 when my Dad was going through alcoholism and other issues and I didn't have any of my friends with me then either. Now (after some years or so) everything is all better for me... except my emetophobia. I have had emetophobia for a long time... some things that can help are to try to stay calm, find your outlets of comfort (for me it can be music, writing in my journal, this website)... If you never need anyone to talk to I am here for you. I wish I could give you a hug! *hug*

Did you get any sleep? I hope you're feeling better about your situation. But I'm kinda confused about something......why would your mom kick you out for getting your license?

im sorry to hear all that. if you ever wanna chat to someone you can pm me. i have a bit of a rough famiy. never easy with this phobia
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Your mom can't legally throw you out of the house at 16 for one thing. You should call the police. I am sorry you have to edure this. Hope things work out for you soon

Thank you so much everyone. It's the best feeling in the world knowing someone cares. Andddd to answer you question phoenyxAngel, she had told me she did not want me to get my lisence at all. I had no clue why. I had all A's, never did anything wrong, and was doing a sport. (I never get any recognition for any of the good things) I didn't clean my room, so she got extremely mad and told me I couldn't get my lisence which made no effing sense. So I took matters into my own hands and asked my grandma (my dad's mom) who I haven't talked to in a year and she lives right down the street...anyways after I took my road test and all that jazz, she had somehow found out I got my lisence and just went off on me... She told me I'd be in jail within the next two years and that I had problems. Haha I don't even know. Anyways the next morning I wake up, and she has my bags packed and tell mes to get a ride to the airport cuz my plane takes off at 3..

sounds like shes definatly over reacting. so where is she ending you?
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Hey, this is a really sad story at such a young age. I am 21 myself and emetophobia has been controlling my life for a while now. Besides your family and social situation, the fact you have emetophobia is obviously one of your main focus points. As am emet myself, i can totally understand how you feel and you situation just makes it 1000 times worse. Everyone on this forum is here to help each other, if you would like my email address, and to anyone on here i would love to talk to anyone about this and we can all begin to help each other. Im new to this site so would be great to get some friends who suffer like me! x

She sent me to Arizona to live with my dad which isn't bad bacause I love my dad, but I'm leaving my friends who mean everything to me and that's what is breaking my heart..Thank you! That'd be awesome to get your email! Anyone can have mine also! Since impretty sure nobody on here is a creep. Haha