Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default May have eaten something bad!!! Feeling Nauseous

I cant believe i did this. Yesterday my family took me to Macaroni Grill for Mothers Day Dinner. I got a pasta with roasted chicken, shrimp and proscuito covered in a rosemary cream sauce and had the waiter sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. I didnt eat it all. After Dinner we put the food in the car (i live in Ga so its kind of hot here) but only for about an hour while we were in the book store. I still had ice in my drink that was in the car as well so i dont guess it was very hot. Then we went to another store for about 20 minutes. Then we went home and put the food in the fridge. I heated it up around 130pm and ate some. Had a piece of the chicken and i am sure smalle pieces of the proscuito because it was broken up in the pasta. There wasnt anymore shrimp in the pasta because i ate it all at the resturant.
    Now i dont feel well. I have a lot of nausea right now. My stomach is making some noises but i guess that could be because i havent eaten since lunch. Also I was starting to feel a little funny before i ate the food. I had eaten a steak bagel for breakfast around 10:30. Maybe thats the culprit.
    Could my food have gone bad??? It was a cream sauce. Proscuito is like a ham right? I cant believe i ate it. I NEVER do that. I hate leftovers for that reason. I normally would have thrown it out. My husband ate some too but it was about an hour later. He isnt feeling bad. But he didnt eat the chicken and he had less proscuito cause he doesnt like meat so i made sure to take it out as best i could.
    So does anyone think that the food was bad. My friends that i have asked said it should have been fine but i sure dont feel fine!

Default Re: May have eaten something bad!!! Feeling Nauseous

I don't think the food could go bad in an hour and a half. I think you'll be fine.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i agree with doug. think of people who take leftovers home and dont put it in the fridge for hours and still eat it and are fine! the cream sauce had already been heated and cooked so it wasnt like fresh out of a jar or fridge. i understand wha you mean with the heat thing cause it gets very hot here too and i stress when people dont put things back in the fridge, but i think it needs to be out for many hours before it goes a little bad. the chicken was cooked by the way. i think your in the clear, but i can get your anxiety. do something to take your mind of it and let some time pass by before you realise your in the safe zone!
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

I think you might feel bad because of how rich and heavy the food was, not because it was bad. Italian food, especially with a heavy cream sauce, can make me feel very nauseous. It can be hard on our stomach!

Feel better!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I agree with spilled_milk, I once ate some spaghetti carbonara which is really creamy and rich. I felt so n* afterwards for a few hours then i was fine. I don't think there was anything wrong with it, it was just to rich for me. Hope you feel better soon!

I think you should be okay too...your food didn't go bad. I think what happened is you ate the steak bagel later in the morning then "overate" with your lunch being 3 hours later...you are just taking a bit longer to digest your food.

Feel better soon...find a ginger ale or something to help you burp...will help you along.

I work in food service and have done all the classes. It is completely safe to leave food out for up to 2 hours so the food was perfectly safe to eat!
    Everyone needs someone who understands!