Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help me put my feelings/anxiety into perspective!

I need someone to please smack some sense into me..I'm having a terrible day and cannot pull myself out of it.
    I've been having tons of stomach troubles over the past few weeks to the point where I'm only able to eat a couple times a week. I've been trying real hard to cut out the junk food and eat small, healthier meals but that's not helping at all. Case in point, I ate half of a baked potato and a 4 oz steak for dinner last night and a couple bites of pie for dessert. I've felt lousy pretty much since a couple hours after I woke up-extremely full, bloated, gassy but unable to pass any, throat n*, and just basically like everythng I ate is still just sitting there. I've definitely felt this way before and never v'd from it, but I can't escape my own thoughts that something about this is "different". I start feeling better for an hour or so, then it comes back. my normal brain keeps saying that I'm being stupid, paranoid and working myself into a panic, but my emet brain keeps saying "what if......what if?"
    -is this what "IT" feels like?
    -if this was a SV* it wouldn't come and go, right?
    -IBS and trapped gas can start to feel better, then lousy again, right?
    I'm sorry to whine like this but my family is fed up with my bitching and moping. My mind is racing so fast and I cant organize my thoughts. Please, someone talk rationally to me-Help me make heads or tails to how I'm feeling!

Default Re: Please help me put my feelings/anxiety into perspective!

I am sorry that you having a ruff time! I sure know what you are going through with the what ifs and the bloated type feeling.

First off, my IBS will act up, go away, and then come back all the time. So it very well could be that. But if you changing your eating habits, it could be your body just reacting to not having the normal type or size of food in it. I get very bloated/full of gas/air when I don't eat much. I am told that it is because your stomach has air in it. What I do to help pass the air, lay on your left side. They way my couch is set up, I can face the tv, put my feet up and just lean up again the back of the couch and in about 5-10 minutes, oh the air starts to come out. Mostly I have pass it the bottom way, but sometimes I will let out a good burp.

It sucks when our minds gets into these "what if" funks and it feels like it is a step back from the way we were feeling. You will get through it! It is just the irrational part of the brain having a go around! Good luck!