Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i start work tomorrrow for the first time in almost a year. im scared

I'm so scared I'm going to screw it up...its just pizza delivery..but I've never worked fast food in my entire life....imstarting orientation tomorrow and I'm really nervous and scared I'm going to have panic attacks or feel nauseous...I really want (and need) to start working. Our 4th baby is on the way and we need a second income...I was in school for a while but anxiety screwed that up for me....the last job I had, anxiety screwed that up for me. I had a panic attack at subway..yes,the sandwich shop...on my 4th day of work...anybody else struggle with daily life and being afraid to go to work...I chose to do delivery because id be by myself almost the whole time and I don't have to be in the actual store where people might eat too much pizza and vomit...but for some reason,I'm still scared..is it even possible to screw up a delivery job?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: i start work tomorrrow for the first time in almost a year. im scared

Just remember not to dawdle on your deliveries. Do you have a gps? My friend has been a successful delivery driver for two years now and she says its pretty easy as long as you are not super slow in making your deliveries and go promptly back to the store to pick more up. I'm sure you'll be fine! I've always thought a delivery job might be good for my emet because I won't really have to interact with people and driving calms me down.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: i start work tomorrrow for the first time in almost a year. im scared

Good luck with the new job. I'm sure you are going to do just fine....think positively about it.

Remember the chances of coming in contact with V* is slim to none and most of the time, if somebody felt as if they were going to be sick, I'm sure they would go to the restroom and I'm sure MOST people know their threshold on how much pizza they can eat without feeling sick.

Good luck again! Glad to see you are back working...it will defiinitely be good for your mind.

I'm more worried about myself getting sick, I guess......I haven't felt good the past few weeks (I feel like I can't breathe) and in turn,the pressure in my chest makes me think I might vomit...I'm really scared of doing training because I have to ride in someone elses car with them...
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

My friend was a pizza delivery girl for almost a year and she LOVED it! She loved being able to drive with the windows down and her music on and just relax during work Also, I find that work is great for keeping my mind occupied! It's something to keep me busy so it slims down the number of times I worry everyday. Idle hands are the devil's workshop so keeping busy is a good thing!